Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Tuition fee for double major?

FluffyIsKewlFluffyIsKewl Posts: 27Registered User New Member
edited May 2012 in Northwestern University
I'm trying to figure out if it costs more to double major (two majors in weinberg) than having one major. Does anyone know/ have experience?
Post edited by FluffyIsKewl on

Replies to: Tuition fee for double major?

• arbiter213arbiter213 Posts: 3,568Registered User Senior Member
    No. You cannot do more than a triple major under any circumstances though- they don't allow it.
  • FluffyIsKewlFluffyIsKewl Posts: 27Registered User New Member
    What? I didn't mention anything about triple majoring, I just asked if it costs more to double major...
  • browncabinetsbrowncabinets Posts: 46Registered User Junior Member
    ^lol!

ya i was confused about the triple major comment too.
  • momof3sonsmomof3sons Posts: 4,708Registered User Senior Member
    No, it doesn't cost more to double major in Weinberg as long as you finish within 4 years. Many people do it.
  • arbiter213arbiter213 Posts: 3,568Registered User Senior Member
    Generally, the lesser is included in the greater.
  • peterhad313peterhad313 Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    its billed by quarter, so if it doesnt postpone your graduation, it wont cost any more.
  • deferred.deferred. Posts: 147Registered User Junior Member
    it dosen't cost anymore. actually you can even take 5-6 classes per quarter instead of the regular 4 if you can handle for the same tuition. (for 6, i believe you need to get deans approval). the quarter system is really conducive for double majors as well and alot of people do it.