Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Changed Application?

fractofracto Posts: 35Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2007 in Northwestern University
My older daughter applied to NU a few years ago. I remember a lot more application questions -- some tough main essay questions and a bunch of interesting short answers. Unless we are missing something, the application seems a lot easier and shorter now -- the only supplemental question is a WHY NU ?? Are we missing something or have they made things simpler?
Post edited by fracto on

Replies to: Changed Application?

• ajaycajayc Posts: 4,682Registered User Senior Member
    Yeah that is what I am thinking. I checked the supplement thrice!!!
  • awesomeness5awesomeness5 Posts: 32Registered User Junior Member
    Hey guys, yeah i asked someone from NU '10 and they said that the short answer questions and stuff were on the NU application before they switched to commonapp. I think this is the first year they are doing commonapp so unfortunately, none of those interesting questiosn we were looking forward to!
  • arbiter213arbiter213 Posts: 3,568Registered User Senior Member
    Uh, they did hte common-app last year, and the supplement had Why NU?, What fictional character would you pick as a room-mate and why, and a question concerning hanz holbein's "the ambassadors"
  • awesomeness5awesomeness5 Posts: 32Registered User Junior Member
    that's too bad. i would have liked that on the supplement this year.
  • ridewitbd24ridewitbd24 Posts: 623Registered User Member
    why did they change it? i liked answering those questions. what the hell are they doing? it seems like they are moving towards a much greater emphasis on the why nu essay and just going towards numbers and i guess demonstrated interest. what gives? im guessing reading all those extra short answers were too time consuming and it was impossible to really differentiate b/t good and bad since they were too creative.
  • dangnguyendangnguyen Posts: 240Registered User Junior Member
    i think the new supp's retarded...those short answers were 50 words each..*** is up with taking those out?
  • Parachute_3Parachute_3 Posts: 80Registered User Junior Member
    lol it's much easier now....i love the old nu one