Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What are some great/unique things about Northwestern?

cubs72191cubs72191 Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2008 in Northwestern University
I am writing my "Why Northwestern?" essay, and was wondering what unique things make Northwestern special. There are many reason why I am applying but just wondering about some things that I may not know of at Northwestern?

Similarly, another related question would be, Why do you like Northwestern?
Post edited by cubs72191 on

Replies to: What are some great/unique things about Northwestern?

• bank1019bank1019 Posts: 625Registered User Member
    Have you visited? I've heard admissions essay readers prefer it if you incorporate just a few specific reasons (and not endless little ones) and touch on your experience via visit (if you were able to) or how you chose Northwestern.
  • cubs72191cubs72191 Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
    I did visit Northwestern just a couple days ago and am including parts of my visit into the essay. Anyone else have any opinions?
  • Sam LeeSam Lee Posts: 9,449Registered User Senior Member
    Unusually broad choice in academic programs for a school of its size. I have not found a mid-size (<10,000 undergrads) university that offers wider range of study.
  • bank1019bank1019 Posts: 625Registered User Member
    ... And Evanston has a Chipotle.
  • PeytonclinePeytoncline Posts: 2,465Registered User Senior Member
    "Unusually broad choice in academic programs for a school of its size. I have not found a mid-size (<10,000 undergrads) university that offers wider range of study."

that's what I talked about

i mean, they have a --- top 10 music school, top 15 engineering school, great program for those wanting to go into medicine, one of the top school of communications, great econ program (and then kellogg for MBA, which is great), etc...

and chicago is 12 miles away; what more could you ask for?