Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How Important are Leadership Positions in high school?

PINKequalsLoVePINKequalsLoVe Posts: 114Registered User Junior Member
edited February 2009 in Northwestern University
I was just wondering how much Northwestern bases their selection off of high school leadership positions. I'm really worried because I was sick for key club elections and I was planning on running for secretary or something and I had a pretty good chance of winning but I didn't since I wasn't there to run. :(
So my only chance now is to somehow manage to get a leadership position on National Honor Society for next year, which i heard is extremely difficult and competitive.

Past leadership Postitions:
attended NYLC-National Youth Leadership Conference
Link Crew-we're all leaders. we help freshmen transition from middle school to high school
Peer Mediation-We give other teens advice and help them resolve conflicts. Also, I've helped new students and taught them how to get around the school and such
Key Club-I've chaired and Cochaired a couple events. Nothing too big
Post edited by PINKequalsLoVe on

Replies to: How Important are Leadership Positions in high school?

• RhymesWithGreenRhymesWithGreen Posts: 199Registered User Junior Member
    I think you'll be fine. Don't stress out about it.
    Honestly, I think your involvement in NYLC and as a peer mediator/link crew person will really say more than a position on the board of NHS or Key Club, as in many schools, being an officer in a club doesn't necessarily reflect involvement, whereas with the other leadership roles, you have no choice but to be completely involved.