Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Early Decision Notification?

ebk924ebk924 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
edited December 2013 in Oberlin College
I applied Early Decision to Oberlin, and I was wondering if any students who applied ED in past years could help me with a few questions. One, when might I expect a notification from the college regarding my application? The Oberlin site says mid-December, but I was wondering if anyone knows a more specific date. Also, will the college notify by email or by regular mail?
Any information you have on this subject would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
Post edited by ebk924 on

Replies to: Early Decision Notification?

• studiomomstudiomom Posts: 201Registered User Junior Member
    My daughter heard last year via regular mail on December 15. Good luck!
  • thebigcheese121thebigcheese121 Posts: 2,044Registered User Senior Member
    Check out the Oberlin hopefuls group on facebook. the same thing is being discussed over there.
  • Dadof2DsDadof2Ds Posts: 44Registered User Junior Member
    I emailed and asked.
    The response was that the plan was to mail on Friday the 11th, but that a delay in receiving some scores from College Board MIGHT delay it a business day or two.
    Thus, we know nothing.
  • quaerequaere Posts: 1,264Registered User Senior Member
    I heard on December 17th; I think they generally try to mail them on the second Friday in December. Oberlin only sends e-mail notifications to international student; if you're in the US, you'll get a letter.
  • Dadof2DsDadof2Ds Posts: 44Registered User Junior Member
    The 17th is the third Friday, the 11th is the second Friday.
  • quaerequaere Posts: 1,264Registered User Senior Member
    What I meant was, when I applied ED two years ago, I was notified on December 17th, which was a Monday. The letter had been mailed the preceding Friday, which was the second Friday of December.
  • JCHJCH Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    Last year my son, who got into Oberlin ED 1, received notification by snail mail by a letter which was dated December 12 and received a few days afterwards. BTW, he loves it there. Good luck!
  • ElizabethHoustonElizabethHouston Posts: 128College Rep Junior Member
    Early Decision letters will be mailed on Monday (the 14th). We did originally plan to mail on the 11th, but pushed it back a few days for various reasons.
    So, does anybody think that the letters/emails have been sent?
  • CyanCyan Posts: 51Registered User Junior Member
    I'm expecting an email. So far: nothing. They said the 14th so I'll just hand on and try not to go crazy. :)
    ^^I've already gone bonkers!
    Any internationals got their decisions yet? I'm still waiting for mine. *sigh*
  • CyanCyan Posts: 51Registered User Junior Member
    yeah, I'm accepted! :)
  • tenormamatenormama Posts: 100Registered User Junior Member
    Congrats, Cyan. Anyone in US heard results from Oberlin Conservatory EA? If we don't hear soon, I am afraid someone in my house is going to go postal.... ;-)
  • dave72dave72 Posts: 587Registered User Member
    Letters were put in the mail on Monday, according to the admissions office.