Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Chances at getting into Ohio state

BushidoFanBushidoFan Posts: 25Registered User New Member
I am a rising 12th grader. I have a 3.0 UW and a 3.3 Weighted GPA. I go to a very competitive high school in the top 100 in the nation. I have taken 3 AP classes so far and will be taking 3 more next year, and have passed all my AP exams.

My first SAT was 1760, but i am retaking it and should get a 2000.

I have wrestled 4 years high school, Varsity letter 3 times, county 5th place and 3rd in my region. I was in the interact club and environmental club.

Do you think I will be accepted if I have a strong essay?
Post edited by BushidoFan on

Replies to: Chances at getting into Ohio state

• RMGsmomRMGsmom Posts: 514Registered User Member
    OSU seems to weigh GPA/class rank, SAT/ACT, and diversity factors more than the essay.
  • BushidoFanBushidoFan Posts: 25Registered User New Member
    If I increase my SAT scores to around 2000 (which I'm on track for right now) and increase my GPA i little more..how are my chances? I appreciate any input on the matter.
    That would help. Check with your counselor to make sure OSU is aware that your high school is competitive. My son's friend was deferred and then denied with 3.8 GPA, 25ACT, competitve school, first generation to college, captain of basketball team, and other good ECs.
    Try searching this forum for "deferred" and also for "accepted" to get some more insight. Good luck.
  • RiedyZac000RiedyZac000 Posts: 160Registered User Junior Member
    if you raise your sat to 2000+ you are likely to get in, but from what I've seen applicants with gpa's around 3.0 and sat/act's around 1800/26 are usually deferred or denied.
  • mspearlmspearl Posts: 1,233Registered User Senior Member
    your GPA is probably going to hurt you a lot. Take the act and get a <27 or 28 and that will increase your chances. But the GPA is what would scare me.