Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Deferred

Comets2012Comets2012 Posts: 5Registered User New Member
After applying to OSU with a 3.9 GPA, a 26 ACT, a cheerleader, NHS, SADD officer and lots of EC's......and coming from the #1 school district in state, I just found out that I am deferred until a end of March final decision. With OSU being my first choice (and getting accepted to all other applied to schools--early acceptance) my hopes are to still hear positive news come March. I'm seeing all my friends looking for roommates on facebook. The situation sucks and if I'm lucky and end up being accepted, I'm worried that I won't be able to find a good roommate. A friend of mine thinks that I should start a Facebook page for people in the same situation. Any thoughts from anyone?
Post edited by Comets2012 on

Replies to: Deferred

• Fizban88Fizban88 Posts: 71Registered User Junior Member
    I honestly don't see the difference between finding a random person on facebook to be your roommate vs. having the University give you a random roommate. I'm a freshman at OSU and I'm happy with the roommate I randomly got, there's always a chance I could have been paired with someone I didn't like but the same goes for finding someone on facebook. Unless you actually know the person already, you can never be sure.

Oh and good luck being accepted! I'd be shocked if you weren't, you have a really high GPA for OSU.
  • Comets2012Comets2012 Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    Thanks for your input!
  • Wildcarts2012Wildcarts2012 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    Comets 2012 im in the same boat as you even though ive already been accepted to other schools i was deferred as well and i was told the other day that i will know within two weeks and osu is top choice as well
    26 act. 3.73 gpa football player and ton a ec's
    but roommates get a random one my sibs liked it that way much more, and both of them go there now
  • jausten910jausten910 Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    Comets2012-- when did you apply? just curious b/c those who applied after Dec. 1st definitely have a harder chance of getting in relative to priority deadline applicants