Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Rejections have begun.

WishWashWishWash Posts: 658Registered User Junior Member
I got my rejection letter yesterday. The online status still says "evaluation" though. I hope no one else gets it too... Good luck all. (ps, don't be worried, I have ridiculously bad stats.)
Post edited by WishWash on

Replies to: Rejections have begun.

• indy88indy88 Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    what where your stats
  • WishWashWishWash Posts: 658Registered User Junior Member
    2.58 GPA, 13 APs, 25 ACT, bottom 40%ish of class, decent-ish ECs.
  • leanamassleanamass Posts: 47Registered User Junior Member
    Were you in state?
  • leanamassleanamass Posts: 47Registered User Junior Member
    Ah! Sorry, I see that you're from Minnesota.
  • I'mOnABoatI'mOnABoat Posts: 247Registered User Junior Member
    I was rejected today, eek. The status changed to "decision" and then when I clicked on " more details" it said in blue letters: "We regret to inform you that you have not been admitted to The Ohio State University. You will receive additional information via mail. Thank you for your interest in Ohio State." I'm so tired of rejections that I could puke.
  • kelseygkelseyg Posts: 786Registered User Member
    I'm sorry to hear that, both.
  • KP33KP33 Posts: 172Registered User Junior Member
    don't worry guys i got the big rejection today too, in case anyone is wondering 3.11 unweighted gpa and a 27 on the ACT, haha well i guess you cant win them all
  • enchilladamenchilladam Posts: 30Registered User New Member
    I got deferred with a 31 ACT, 3.64, multiple ECs, and legit essay. In-state. Ready to punch through a wall right now.
  • Gaurav4Gaurav4 Posts: 56Registered User Junior Member
    Whaaaaaaa ? you should call up osu and ask them why they deferred you !
  • DylanHDylanH Posts: 38Registered User Junior Member
    Ugh. I guess I should expect my rejection letter any day, now. In-state (Toledo). ~3.2 W GPA, 30 ACT.

Not many APs available for me to take, either. That's when happens when you move across the country, I guess. There should be more national consistency in high school graduation requirements -- having to take 3 freshman courses, that weren't required at my old school, means almost an entire semester of time that I could've spent actually learning something.
  • HotIvyHotIvy Posts: 163- Junior Member
    I just got rejected too! I was just informed!!! Seriously, complete and utter shock!!!

Out of state (KY), 3.79 GPA, 32 ACT, Top 15% of class, pretty good EC's, 3 recs, almost all AP's/honors, dual enrollment, and probably the best essay out of all the ones I wrote.

In other words, I got rejected from my safety.
  • enchilladamenchilladam Posts: 30Registered User New Member
    HotIvy, welcome to the "we got rejected from our safety" club.
  • Dr.GDr.G Posts: 117Registered User Junior Member
    I can understand rejection with low stats, but also, HotIvy, your rejection makes sense especially if you told them where else you were applying.

But DylanH I don't understand your rejection at all(thought I can't really judge ACTs, as I took the sats and live on the east coast)! My friend just got in with a 3.2 UW and a 2120 sat.

uugghh. Maybe it's because he applied earlier? As an applicant who did not yet recieve an answer, this freaks me out!
  • bmburr82bmburr82 Posts: 69Registered User Junior Member
    Thats crazy ench and hotivy... osu is the easiest school i applied to and didnt put much work into the app. if i join your "rejected from safety school" group i dont know what i will do... plus if i get rejected/differed i will challenge their decision
  • DylanHDylanH Posts: 38Registered User Junior Member
    Dr.G wrote:
    But DylanH I don't understand your rejection at all(thought I can't really judge ACTs, as I took the sats and live on the east coast)! My friend just got in with a 3.2 UW and a 2120 sat.
    Oh, I haven't been rejected yet. I'm still under "Evaluation" and have been since I applied Dec. 1st. But, my application certainly doesn't look as good enchilladam's, so I don't really have high hopes here.

According to the College Board's website, a 30 ACT Composite with a 28 ACT Combined English/Writing, is equivalent to an SAT score of around 1950-1980. According to the ACT website, a 30 puts you in the 96th percentile nationally.

The fact that I'm trying to get in to the Political Science program might make things more competitive.