Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Wildlife Conservation

kmanshousekmanshouse Posts: 154Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in Other College Majors
Hello - I have twin sons in high school and one of them really wants to be a conservation officer, or otherwise work in nature. He is a tough, physically fit kid that can handle that part of the work. He is a B student, and weak in math. He is smarter than he is a good student, if that makes sense. Given we have twins, we are trying to keep our costs low, but still give our sons the opportunity of a college experience.

I've spent hours and hours looking for reasonably inexpensive choices that will provide him with a good education in wildlife conservation, but not be too rigorous on the math or too heavy on the technical science side. We live in Illinois.

Wisconsin Stevens-Point looks absolutely perfect, but I'm not sure if he will get into their Natural Resources program. I need a few more options. He would love to work in the mountain states if possible, but I think as long as we stay midwest or west with the school, that would be fine. Several schools in Missouri have these types of programs, but I have no idea how good they are.

Any ideas or help, given the above, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Post edited by kmanshouse on

Replies to: Wildlife Conservation