Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Norwich University's Master of Arts in Diplomacy program

Rivij2047Rivij2047 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
edited January 2010 in Other College Majors
Hello everyone. Has anyone heard of this program and if so what are your views and perceptions of it?

I heard had about this program through a friend who was interested in applying. I know that Norwich University is well respected. Up until my friend told me about it I was not even aware that Norwich University provided any online programs, let alone one with an International Affairs track.

I looked into this program for my friend because he asked me to do so. I have to say that I was impressed with the online format and the overall layout of this program. I had not been aware of any online masters programs in political science that had a International Relations/Affairs aspect to it. This is an 18-24 month program (year round) that leads to a Master of Arts in Diplomacy (online).

The degree program has a choice of three concentrations in International Terrorism, International Commerce, or International Terrorism. This is a 36 credit hour program without a thesis. With the thesis option I believe it’s a 42 credit program. At the completion of the program the students must attend Norwich University in person for their residency week. From what I gather, during that week the students will have to complete their final tests on campus as well as an oral presentation.

So just out of curiosity to those interested in Political Science/International Affairs, what are your thoughts in regard to this program? How would you rank and perceive it as far as being a reputable program?

I told my friend that I think he should go for it if that is what he wanted to do, just my opinion.
Post edited by Rivij2047 on

Replies to: Norwich University's Master of Arts in Diplomacy program

• DrKearsleyDrKearsley Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    Well I'm the director of the program at Norwich and it has been a fantastic success. You are taught by faculty that all (100%) terminal degree holders and successful in their respective fields. We have a great time and have graduated hundreds that have moved on to very positive steps in their careers. If you want to contact me my email address is hkearsle@norwich.edu. Dr. Hal Kearsley
  • Rivij2047Rivij2047 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    Dr. Kearsley,

Thank you for the response. I have heard nothing but positive things about this unique program. I have several friends that work within the federal government, and several other agencies (UN, NSA, several state agencies, ect) and they have nothing but positive things to say about this highly respected program. My last squadron commander, Col Robertson was a Norwich graduate. He now works for the State Department; he was also very impressed with the structure of this program as well.

Thank you for the response.