Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

YoungArts 2013?

volstrektvolstrekt Posts: 34Registered User Junior Member
I just submitted my application with the payment, waiting for an email with my ID number to start submitting my work. It's been all day, how long does that usually take?

I'll be submitting in visual arts. Anyone else submitting? Thoughts/concerns/ etc?
Post edited by volstrekt on

Replies to: YoungArts 2013?

• vidgirlvidgirl Posts: 16Registered User New Member
    I'm submitting, but only because you told me about it. Thanks! I'm submitting in Cinematic Arts and also Writing. It seems to be a big deal if you win.
  • volstrektvolstrekt Posts: 34Registered User Junior Member
    Right? Seems like a great opportunity. I'm submitting in visual arts. Good luck!
  • sheisinvinciblesheisinvincible Posts: 79Registered User Junior Member
    Sweet! Seems awesome. Submitting spoken theatre and photography!
  • sumobatssumobats Posts: 117Registered User Junior Member
    Good luck to both of you! I can't enter for another 2 years.
  • andthelightsblurandthelightsblur Posts: 32Registered User New Member
    Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me whether high school Juniors are eligible for YoungArts Finalist awards, or only the honorable mention/merit awards? Thanks!
    You're eligible for the Finalist awards but not for nomination for the Presidential Scholar in the Arts, although your name will be submitted in the nomination process for next year's cycle-when you're a senior and eligible- if you are a finalist.
  • 000ooo000ooo000ooo000ooo Posts: 379Registered User Member
    Did anyone get an email confirming their submission?
    I did, a few minutes after submitting (although submitting was confusing, the interface was weird and the button kept disappearing? I wasn't sure if it had worked but they sent me this:

"Your submission materials have been uploaded successfully. A notification letter with your adjudication results will be sent to you by mid December 2012. Best of luck from all of us at YoungArts."
  • Comp2013Comp2013 Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    Students are receiving phone calls about the selections for 2013 and twitter is active
  • vidgirlvidgirl Posts: 16Registered User New Member
    I'm a finalist! Thank you so much @volstrekt for telling me about this opportunity!
  • wrencher94wrencher94 Posts: 95Registered User Junior Member
    congrats!!!!! finalist in which category??? .... and when did they call. I know that HM and Merit alway get announce near Thanksgiving
  • LittleNickyLittleNicky Posts: 30Registered User Junior Member
    Nope, my sibling was HM last year and he got call from YA like way into December.
  • megpmommegpmom Posts: 2,338Registered User Senior Member
    My S is a finalist (voice) and the deadline for replying back to them to confirm was yesterday. So maybe they will start announcing the HM and merit soon. Btw, they say they received over 10,000 applications this year!
  • mathnerd1mathnerd1 Posts: 119Registered User Junior Member
    Have they announced Writing finalists yet?
  • megpmommegpmom Posts: 2,338Registered User Senior Member
    Yes, all the finalists have been notified. I believe that they will start notifying HM and merit after the Thanksgiving holiday.