Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Lowes Scholarship

azulgrana10azulgrana10 Posts: 58Registered User Junior Member
hey guys

i applied to lowes scholarship last week. i was wondering if any of you wen it is that we are contacted if we are semifinalists?
Post edited by azulgrana10 on

Replies to: Lowes Scholarship

• csummerlin2008csummerlin2008 Posts: 389Registered User Member
    Well, the deadline for the scholarship isn't until March 15th, so there is still some time before they will be making any decisions. By looking on SPA, I found out that all semifinalists will be notified of the results in April.
  • azulgrana10azulgrana10 Posts: 58Registered User Junior Member
    thanx!! appreciate it
  • zel17zel17 Posts: 381Registered User Member
    hey guys, i got this last year...just to let you know, they just send you the one email about semi and then a letter with what level you get...i almost forgot about it b/c communication is so infrequent. it's a nice award, though--good luck!
  • UNEPgirlUNEPgirl Posts: 189Registered User Junior Member
    zel, do you remember what date you recieved the email?
  • jadore_isabellajadore_isabella Posts: 614Registered User Member
    is anyone confused about the gpa converter? my school solely does numeric value and they won't convert it to a gpa scale.
  • elizabeth2005elizabeth2005 Posts: 425Registered User Member
    does anyone know if you have to send anything by mail? or get anything signed by your counselor?

thanks!
  • flowerjg08flowerjg08 Posts: 102Registered User Junior Member
    No I don't think you have to send anything by mail...I think everything is done online.
    No. I just submitted mine and it said nothing would be required to be sent until you were chosen as a semifinalist.

Oh, and it looks like the deadline was extended to March 17th.
  • jadore_isabellajadore_isabella Posts: 614Registered User Member
    YES! thank goodness!
    because i'm still not done with my essay and i'm having huge writer's block haha.
    I am not completely positive about that. But, on SPA it now says Postmark Deadline: March 17, 2008. So, I guess it is the 17th.
  • byan1007byan1007 Posts: 235Registered User Junior Member
    AH! They extended it?! And I thought I was "special" for getting it a minute after the deadline. =(
  • thewuthewu Posts: 206Registered User Junior Member
    anyone have their contact info? or does someone want to confirm this?

thanks.
  • **lover**789**lover**789 Posts: 102Registered User Junior Member
    Yeah, can anyone confirm that? The SPA website does say 3/17, but the Lowes website still says 3/15. Oh great. I guess we can just send it and if they don't accept it, then we'll know.
  • cachememorycachememory Posts: 94Registered User Junior Member
    I submitted it a couple of minutes ago, in case the deadline is really today and not the 17th. That IS weird that SPA would extend the deadline without any confirmation from Lowes themselves.
  • collegecraze24collegecraze24 Posts: 38Registered User Junior Member
    yup, i submitted yesterday as well- just in case. Remember that SPA got the date wrong once before...
    and if you waited, i wish you luck!