Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

New beauty : Men who wax their legs ?

fauxmavenfauxmaven Posts: 1,569Registered User Member
edited October 2011 in Parent Cafe
I saw a 40-45 year old man at a bank yesterday - very normal looking except for waxed legs !! His arms were hairy , or I might has assumed a drag queen during off hours . Any ideas ?
Post edited by fauxmaven on

Replies to: New beauty : Men who wax their legs ?

• parent1986parent1986 Posts: 1,616- Member
    Bike racer.
  • MomofWildChildMomofWildChild Posts: 16,297Registered User Senior Member
    Agree- cyclist, but usually the arms would be shaved also. If it was not an athletic looking person, who knows?

You didn't ask?
  • fauxmavenfauxmaven Posts: 1,569Registered User Member
    OK , he was muscular . I'll go with cyclist .
  • coureurcoureur Posts: 11,363Registered User Senior Member
    Or maybe a swimmer. Or he plays a sport where you need to tape your ankles - like basketball.
  • emeraldkity4emeraldkity4 Posts: 31,088Registered User Senior Member
    my H used to do a bit of ski racing in his youth & the hair on his calves had mostly been worn away by the pressure of the boots. Never grew back.

But don't know if cyclists shave or if the tights would do the same thing. I think I would go w drag queen. ;)
  • HuntHunt Posts: 20,833Registered User Senior Member
    Maybe he's a leg model.
  • nj2011momnj2011mom Posts: 2,636Registered User Senior Member
    too funny. Brings me back to overheard conversation at local pizza restaurant a few years ago of guys on our HS swim team the night before States talking about their various methods for shaving their legs, as their coach told them they had to.
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner Posts: 14,349Registered User Senior Member
    I remember the days when D used to swim. That was around the time when Speedo came out with the full body suit made of "sharkskin" material (popularized by the Torpedo). Many kids from the local HS swim team splurged on these suits without batting an eye - kids were eager to spend their hard earned summer money because it meant no shaving! Of course, the coach made them shave anyway, because that's what swimmers were supposed to do before a major competition. LOL.

Spanx for men and shaping undies by Underarmor are apparently big sellers at Nordstrom. :)
  • fishymomfishymom Posts: 1,849Registered User Senior Member
    Cyclist, triathlete or swimmer.
  • NJresNJres Posts: 5,241Registered User Senior Member
    "Waxed" legs? How do you know they weren't shaved? Maybe he did the arms the next day.
  • nj2011momnj2011mom Posts: 2,636Registered User Senior Member
    a swimmer would have also shaved his arms
  • mom60mom60 Posts: 5,385Registered User Senior Member
    My H plays beach volleyball and many of the younger men shave their chests. Not sure why.
    The son of a good friend waxes his legs. He is a cyclist.
  • NJTheatreMOMNJTheatreMOM Posts: 2,746Registered User Senior Member
    I had a girlfriend once who was alarmed by a burning sensation on the skin of her legs when she started off on a strenuous hike.

Her boyfriend, who was a cyclist and therefore shaved his legs, informed her that she should not exercise so soon after shaving!!