Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Where can I get an attractive, caged, hugger mount ceiling fan? Thanks!

mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Posts: 60,020Registered User Senior Member
edited July 2012 in Parent Cafe
In my vacation rental, I've put bunk beds in one of the secondary bedrooms, however, now I'm afraid that the existing "normal" ceiling fan could be a safety hazard if a kid reached out....or even just jumped up from the ground with hands up.

The ceiling in this room is only the standard 8', so I need a hugger style, but also one where the blades are "caged"....yes, there is such an animal, but hard to find!

I want something attractive, not noisy, as this is for a bedroom. The existing one is white.

I know I could just replace with a light-only fixture, but I really want a ceiling fan in there. :/

If you can't picture what I mean, here's a pic of one that isn't right for this room (it hangs down), but you can get an idea of what I mean.....the blades are smaller, but since they're caged, they can be faster to move more air.

Amazon.com: Fanimation FPH210RS, Old Havana Rust 19" Outdoor Wall Fan with FPH61RS Mount & Switch Control: Home Improvement
Post edited by mom2collegekids on

Replies to: Where can I get an attractive, caged, hugger mount ceiling fan? Thanks!