Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What's for dinner at your house tonight?

abasketabasket Posts: 7,958Registered User Senior Member
edited December 2013 in Parent Cafe
I'm blanking on a dinner idea - one of those times I feel like we have had EVERY type of food in the last few days - mexican, grilled meat, italian, burger fest, asian (I made a feast Friday night!), soup (made broccoli cheddar last week, chicken tortilla last night).

Let's see what's going to be on your plate tonight, and maybe I'll decide to put it on mine. :)
Post edited by abasket on

Replies to: What's for dinner at your house tonight?

• 3bm1033bm103 Posts: 3,497Registered User Senior Member
    Shepperds pie. I had a craving.
  • kelsmomkelsmom Posts: 12,289Super Moderator Senior Member
    Sorry - you probably won't want to crib off my dinner plans. We had roast chicken last night, so tonight is chicken soup.

Tomorrow is pork roast in the crock pot, and Wednesday is chili (using Tony Packo's chili mix).
  • BarflyBarfly Posts: 544Registered User Member
    Store bought Roasted chicken. I will make mashed potatoes and gravy from the chicken drippings (recipe from Dinner Doctor cookbook - super easy dinner on a busy night. Whisk 2 tablespoons flour into 1/2 cup cold milk. Then whisk in chicken juices and cook over medium heat, stirring, until bubbling, thickened and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.)

Or maybe salmon. Hmmmm.
  • abasketabasket Posts: 7,958Registered User Senior Member
    Kelsmom! Your Tony Packo's from my town here!!! :)

LOL'ing on the roasted chicken - also have 1/2 of one of those in refrig - used it in the chicken tortilla soup last night!
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner Posts: 14,349Registered User Senior Member
    I'm going to grill steaks and will serve those with roasted eggplant and cauliflower. Which reminds me - I need to get some basil for the eggplant dish, since my basil did not survive my recent absence. :)
  • BarflyBarfly Posts: 544Registered User Member
    I love this thread!
  • 1moremom1moremom Posts: 3,715Registered User Senior Member
    The weather's turned cool and DH baked sourdough yesterday so we are also having soup-- pumpkin with wild rice or lentils. Will make a green salad with apples, craisins, bleu cheese and walnuts. Left over Chocolate Espresso Pots de Cr
  • FlyMeToTheMoonFlyMeToTheMoon Posts: 1,622Registered User Senior Member
    Leftovers. Need the recipe???
  • garlandgarland Posts: 12,326Registered User Senior Member
    Our fridge down the shore went on the fritz this weekend, so hastily defrosted stuffed clams my H and S gathered and H prepared and froze last week, and green beans from the garden, blanched and frozen last month--the fridge is a problem, but cooking will be easy!

(that probably won't help you, though)
  • MarilynMarilyn Posts: 1,510Registered User Senior Member
    Fake Cosi signature salad and pasta with homemade tomato sauce.
  • nj2011momnj2011mom Posts: 2,636Registered User Senior Member
    grilled burgers, salad & frozen french fries.

last night we had fish tacos...tilapia (poached w splash of lemon juice), brown rice, canned black beans, lettuce, salsa, sour cream. (S1 had default costco chicken tenders & fries - he won't eat fish).

next 2 nights are grilled chicken (tue) & grilled pork chops (wed).

Yesterday I had my bi-monthly rant on how I hate cooking for my family and I don't run a diner when everyone turned their nose up on my planned menu for the week. I offered that someone else was happy to plan & cook if they didn't like what was being offered. No takers.
  • sylvan8798sylvan8798 Posts: 4,101Registered User Senior Member
    Bacon cheddar quiche
  • jym626jym626 Posts: 34,149Registered User Senior Member
    black bean burgers, probably
  • stradmomstradmom Posts: 3,316Registered User Senior Member
    Salmon, with a new spice mixture I picked up at BJ's the other day. Not sure about the sides, but we still have a freezer full of green beans to get through.
  • AgentninetynineAgentninetynine Posts: 1,117Registered User Senior Member
    Black bean chili. Might make some cornbread to go with it.