Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

northern girl at University of Alabama

gracelizgraceliz Posts: 1Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in Parent Cafe
How is it for a northern girl to be at University of Alabama? Socially?
Post edited by graceliz on

Replies to: northern girl at University of Alabama

• AxelrodAxelrod Posts: 663Registered User Member
    It really depends upon you.
  • megpmommegpmom Posts: 2,338Registered User Senior Member
    Sororities are very, very big. If you plan on rushing, you will need to see about getting letters of recommendation during the summer before freshman year. And make sure you have the right clothes, etc. Down here in the south, many of our HS have information sessions in the Spring for girls who are going to rush. I don't think it is as big at many Northern schools (at least it wasn't in my day - way back when).
  • AxelrodAxelrod Posts: 663Registered User Member
    How you dress, both male & female, is important at UA.

OP: We really need to know more about you than just "Northern girl".
  • vlinesvlines Posts: 3,579Registered User Senior Member
    graceliz- I would recommend that you post this question in the University of Alabama forum.
  • happymomof1happymomof1 Posts: 18,802Registered User Senior Member
    graceliz - Look up mom2collegekids who often posts in the Financial Aid Forum. She is one of the experts on all things Alabama.
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Posts: 57,764Registered User Senior Member
    University of Alabama - College Confidential

Post your question here. ^^^

Alabama has students from all over the country...including a good number from the north, midAtlantic, and midwest...particularly New York, Conn, NJ, Illinois, and so forth. Calif also sends many kids to Alabama.

Axelrod...since I've had two kids attend Alabama, I can tell you that how kids dress at Bama runs the spectrum from hippie to "just woke up" to preppie. My kids never gave a flying flip about what they wore....mostly jeans or shorts and Tshirts.