College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
My freshmen friend was recently asked by a senior girl to go to the senior prom with him as a friend. He said yes most likely he can go, but apparently his mother discouraged him from going due to expense and various danger present at a typical high school prom.
He: White. REALLY tall. Very smart. Good looking. Pretty popular.
She: Asian. Short. Smart. Average looking. Not very popular.
Things to consider
1. Age + Grade difference. Height difference. Ethnicity difference. Most likely interest difference.
2. Freshman going to senior prom?!
3. Guaranteed alcohol consumption. Slight chance of drugs+sex.
4. Freshman going to senior prom?!
5. The girl was not asked by anyone else. Slight pity factor might be involved.
6. The two are acquaintances from math class and tennis. Friendly but not really friends.
As of now only about three people know about this. He asked my opinion and I was against it. From your perspective, that is, pretend he was YOUR child, do you think he should go with ramifications bore in mind? What is there to gain and what is there to lose?