Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Tempurpedic? Casper? Purple? Any Reviiews?

2»

Replies to: Tempurpedic? Casper? Purple? Any Reviiews?

• NEPatsGirlNEPatsGirl Registered User Posts: 2,135 Senior Member
    Thank you.
  • LindagafLindagaf Registered User Posts: 6,752 Senior Member
    We have never slept on a box spring and our beds are all platform style with proper support frames. Tour current mattress is memory foam and is great on a platform, but the previous mattress was a traditional style and was also good on a platform.
  • KajonKajon Registered User Posts: 4,358 Senior Member
    We bought a queen Purple bed and base a few months ago when we turned S1's room into a guest room. When H is having trouble sleeping he heads to the Purple bed and is out like a light. S2's GF came to stay for a long weekend and asked what kind of bed it was because this was the first time in years that she has slept through the night. S1 came home for a weekend and really like it.

The base is very sturdy. Because there is no box spring, there is a ton of room underneath for storage. A traditional bedskirt/comforter may not work with this set up.

• doschicosdoschicos Registered User Posts: 13,957 Senior Member
    For those who might be looking for latex, we tried out PranaSleep brand. Didn't go that route but they were comfy.
  • SlitheyToveSlitheyTove Registered User Posts: 6,323 Senior Member
    We bought a Brooklyn Bedding Company bed-in-a-box latex mattress for our guest room. It is comfortable, but not as comfortable as our latex mattress bought from a local manufacturer. Bought D2 the same Brooklyn Bedding mattress; she's very happy with it.

My understanding is that foam mattresses do best with some kind of non-solid foundation, be it slats or some sort of box spring. We purchased foundations from the manufacturer for both our BB mattress and our local manufacturer mattress. Both are essentially a very low-rise slatted box.
  • bookwormbookworm Registered User Posts: 7,598 Senior Member
    Recently I bought 2 Simmons Black Memory Foam. It has the coolant feature. I didn't get the hybrid as it was thicker, and I bought an adjustable bed frame. Very happy with it
  • atomomatomom Registered User Posts: 4,318 Senior Member
    13 years with our Tempurpedic. Still love it. And it was H's idea, not mine.
  • Mom22039Mom22039 Registered User Posts: 462 Member
    We spend so many nights in hotels, we got the Marriott Bed in January.
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner Registered User Posts: 31,951 Senior Member
    Marriott bed is Mr.'s second choice after Tempur. That's the only hotel bed he does not complain about one cent. :)
  • cnp55cnp55 Registered User Posts: 3,706 Senior Member
    I have a Tuft and Needle -- bed in a box -- king size. Love it. I kept the old box springs and put it on top. It could have gone on a platform.
  • treemaventreemaven Registered User Posts: 267 Junior Member
    We bought a Saatva Loom & Leaf this summer and really like it. Hubbie’s heavy tuning no
    longer pulls on my back; my tossing and turning no longer bothers him; and best of all my low back pain is soothed.

The order was easy, the delivery and old mattress removal perfect, and the price was great!
2»