Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Cinder block walls-how to hang pictures?

pokey318pokey318 Posts: 632Registered User Member
edited August 2006 in Parent Cafe
My daughter dorm this year has cinder block walls. She has a couple of nice framed pictures that she really wants to take to school but I am not sure the best way to hang them. We of course can not drill a hole to use regular pictures hooks and I am not sure that the 3m command hooks will hold. I check 3m online and see that they have two types of picture hangers, but I have yet to locate them yet-that is my job for today! http://www.3m.com/us/home_leisure/command/products/picturehangers.jhtml

What is the best product to use for hanging on cinder block walls? I would think there were other products that we could use other than the 3m command hooks, although these seem to be what everone uses.
Post edited by pokey318 on

Replies to: Cinder block walls-how to hang pictures?

• LWMDLWMD Posts: 334Registered User Member
    They should stick just fine to painted cinderblock.
  • alwaysamomalwaysamom Posts: 8,969Registered User Senior Member
    pokey, at least one of my Ds has used those 3m hooks on cinderblocks with framed photos. She didn't have any problem with them.