Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Transcript of Clinton's Fox News Interview

ABCB7099ABCB7099 Posts: 399Registered User Member
edited September 2006 in Parent Cafe
http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/22/clinton-fox/

Now I don't see much value in posting this on this particular forum seeing as how most people who post here are raging democrat moms, but I figured people should see it.

Don't kill me for the comment, I'm a huge Clinton fan too and I wish he was still our President.
Post edited by ABCB7099 on

Replies to: Transcript of Clinton's Fox News Interview

• TourGuide446TourGuide446 Posts: 3,099- Senior Member
    It was a pretty pathetic performance from Clinton. Wallace should have said, "Mister President, I haven't seen you wag that finger since you said you never laid a glove on Monica."
  • TheDadTheDad Posts: 10,213Registered User, ! Senior Member
    I don't know: smirking chimp the newscaster reminded me of smirking chimp the President. I was happy to watch Clinton rip him a new one.
  • FountainSirenFountainSiren Posts: 2,503- Member
    "smirking chimp the newscaster reminded me of smirking chimp the President. I was happy to watch Clinton rip him a new one.”
    Not actually having seen Chris Wallace smirk, I’ll take your word for it, however, there is no reason to believe that Chris Wallace’s smirk leads to violent attacks and self-righteous outrage.

I’ll bet Juanita Broaddrick has seen the “smirk” on Clinton’s face in the past, she even claims, as you say, that "Clinton rip[ped her] a new one":
    WE WILL NEVER KNOW THE TRUTH BEHIND JUANITA BROADDRICK'S CLAIM THAT BILL CLINTON RAPED HER IN A LITTLE ROCK HOTEL ROOM IN L978… HER STORY IS CREDIBLE… FRIENDS WHO SAY SHE TOLD THEM ABOUT THE ASSAULT AT THE TIME, ONE OF WHOM SAYS SHE SAW HER IMMEDIATELY AFTER WITH A BRUISED AND SWOLLEN LIP. SO FAR AS WE KNOW, BROADDRICK HAS NO MOTIVE TO LIE… FEMINISTS IN PARTICULAR HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN, AND MUCH TO LOSE, BY RALLYING TO THE PRESIDENT IN THIS MATTER. IT'S ONE THING TO DISTINGUISH CAREFULLY BETWEEN SEXUAL HARASSMENT AND SEXUAL HI-JINKS IN THE OVAL OFFICE; RAPE IS SOMETHING ELSE AGAIN.
    http://www.thenation.com/doc/19990322/pollitt

also here: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1421037/posts

Junita Broaddrick, Kathleen Wiley and Eileen Wellstone claim to have seen the Clinton smirk turn into a Clinton rage played out on their bodies.

As luck would have it, Chris Wallace is not an attractive woman. He was not molested, or "ripped," in the process.

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/Juanita.htm
  • berurahberurah Posts: 4,560- Senior Member
    Clinton is a quintessential, textbook narcissist...not your everyday, run-of-the-mill one, but a guy with full-blown Narcissistic Personaity Disorder as outlined in the DSM IV. What Chris Wallace experienced was a classic narcissistic rage--basically how *ANY* narcissist responds when being challenged on ANYTHING. Bottom line is, they are always right, you are always wrong, and there is no such thing as compromise or productive discussion. I should know. I grew up in a house full of 'em.

Nothing unusual there, though. About 90% of politicians and entertainers *are* narcissists, as are a few people who post regularly on this forum. ;)

http://samvak.tripod.com/

~berurah
  • sjmom2329sjmom2329 Posts: 2,930Registered User Member
    Very perceptive, berurah.
  • driverdriver Posts: 4,148- Senior Member
    As luck would have it, Chris Wallace is not an attractive woman. He was not molested, or "ripped," in the process.
    Yes, but did you notice how Bill started poking at Chris's crotch? Classic aggressive simian [chimpy] male behavior.
  • fundingfatherfundingfather Posts: 4,026Registered User Junior Member
    I thought the interview was hilarious. After a week of being fawned over by the rest of the media, Clinton was clearly not ready for a real question and he freaked.
  • Strick11Strick11 Posts: 954Registered User Member
    I think you're wrong, fundingfather. I think the only reason Clinton went on FOX was because he knew he'd get a question like that and he was waiting to sandbad poor Chris Wallace. It was a fair question, one that Wallace appears to have asked both Condi Rice and Donald Rumsfeld, and which Clinton could have handled in a number of ways that would have given him more credit. Besides, I've only seen Clinton mad on TV when he wanted to manipulate the situation. He's too much a professional for it to be otherwise, certainly with a softball question like this.

This way he's able to force attention on himself AND try to re-write history in a perfectly defensible way: mean old FOX news attacked him and he was only defending himself.
  • hereshopinghereshoping Posts: 2,328- Member
    berurah: Boy, that site brings back memories! I spent much time there doing research on my MIL. ;) I agree that Clinton is a classic NPD case. For me it's painful (and scary) to watch him.
  • fundingfatherfundingfather Posts: 4,026Registered User Junior Member
    Strick,

I have heard this theory and it is credible. The thing that makes it less likely is that Chris Wallace said that during the interview Clinton's press secretary was trying to get the producer to end the interview after the tantrum began. Also, after the interview was over, Clinton stormed out yelling at his staff for allowing him to be put into that situation.
  • berurahberurah Posts: 4,560- Senior Member
    For me it's painful (and scary) to watch him.
    I get violently ill at the sight of a narcissist "in action," and yes, those people frighten me more than just about anything else on this earth. {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} to you for having to deal with one. I was raised (and then disowned and disinherited) by one, so I can empathize.

~berurah
  • zoosermomzoosermom Posts: 23,749Registered User Senior Member
    I thought the interview was pretty funny, too. I only wish it had come closer to the election! I'd like to point out that Wallace asked Rumsfeld the same question a year or so ago.
  • hereshopinghereshoping Posts: 2,328- Member
    Thanks for the hugs! We have been pretty much disowned, and chances are we'll be disinherited too. :) It's interesting to watch how Democrats are trying to spin the interview.
  • simbasimba Posts: 6,092Registered User Senior Member
    This is same as Bush Sr. dished out on Dan Rather.
  • browninfallbrowninfall Posts: 815- Junior Member
    Nice try, but there's no comparison. Rather wouldn't let Bush Sr. get a word in edgewise. Wallace on the other hand gave Clinton all the rope he needed to do himself in.