Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Mole Day projects, anyone?

missypiemissypie Posts: 16,628Registered User Senior Member
edited October 2011 in Parent Cafe
What is your chemistry student making/doing for Mole Day? Daughter and I will be up late doing hers, I fear!
Post edited by missypie on

Replies to: Mole Day projects, anyone?

• dbwesdbwes Posts: 1,606Registered User Senior Member
    Only thing I remember either doing were little stuffed moles dressed in outfits, with pun names -- daughter did "Mole Vaulter," I remember.
  • RachachaRachacha Posts: 1,266Registered User Member
    My daughter painted Rufus, the naked mole rat from "Kim Possible", on a t-shirt for Mole Day, everyone loved it!
  • missypiemissypie Posts: 16,628Registered User Senior Member
    Tonight we're creating "Mole-zart." The pattern pieces are sewn together but we need to add eyes and stuff it, then do a wig (gotta find something for a mole powered wig!), tri-cornered hat and sheet music. Trying to discourage Daughter from attempting a harpsicord!
  • riverrunnerriverrunner Posts: 2,707Registered User Senior Member
    oh, missypie, your d sounds like mine. I remember asking her "was the assignment to make a box or a piano?" Trying to keep them inside the box is very hard....
    Wow. I bet the cake was wildly popular!

(Funny that my post responding to your cake post came up first!)
  • mom2andmom2and Posts: 329Registered User Member
    They all do t-shirts and my son made a cake and decorated it (on his own). Happy Mole Day all.
  • condor30condor30 Posts: 1,083Registered User Senior Member
    t-shirts and posters. i think d made a stuffed mole too.
    Just realized that today is actually Mole Day. Our school has block scheduling, so classes are every other day; daughter will celebrate Mole Day tomorrow.
  • Erin's DadErin's Dad Posts: 16,480Registered User Senior Member
    DD2 used a template the teacher provided for a stuffed mole which she crowned with a Mole-hawk haircut, put in a large martini glass to make a Mole-atav cocktail.
  • cpq1xtbucpq1xtbu Posts: 761Registered User Member
    My son and his lab partner made a video. His lab partner wrote a song for the video. My son pretended to be a professor talking about Avogadro and Moles. Then at the end of the video there are a lot of mole pictures and posters from various mole day events. It's really cute.
  • binglebingle Posts: 427Registered User Member
    D (and I) made Sherlock Molmes complete with plaid cape and fold-up hat and a pipe. The mole is *very* soft fleece and about 2' long so I'm guessing after he comes home some older stuffy will lose a spot on her bed:)
  • KelownaKelowna Posts: 2,666Registered User Senior Member
    Mole Day??? I have never heard of it! Would someone please enlighten me :)
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner Posts: 14,369Registered User Senior Member
    Years ago, D's chemistry class (well, at least some brave souls) got together for a little cake party at 6 am on "Mole Day"!

Sorry, Kelowna, I did not see your question. Here it is:

Mole Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

National Mole Day Foundation, INC.
  • je_ne_sais_quoije_ne_sais_quoi Posts: 714Registered User Member
    Celebrated annually on October 23, Mole Day commemorates Avogadro's Number (6.02 x 10^23), which is a basic measuring unit in chemistry mole.

My daughter made a stuffed mole dubbed "Anne Moleyn" with starched, white ruffled collar, etc.
  • KelownaKelowna Posts: 2,666Registered User Senior Member
    Appreciate it :)