Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Your Good Buy Of The Day

Replies to: Your Good Buy Of The Day

• abasketabasket Registered User Posts: 16,501 Senior Member
    Darn! I wanted one of those cashmere sweaters for my daughter - they weren't on sale at our Old Navy yesterday.....
  • josh5soxjosh5sox Registered User Posts: 230 Junior Member
    Oh yeah I think it was just men's, but you could've still gotten the 30% coupon thing, I think it was a company-wide thing.
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner Registered User Posts: 31,951 Senior Member
    After a day of raking leaves, I went shopping for a couple of hours. The black Calvin Klein pants I really needed were 50% off plus additional 20% off plus I had a coupon, but Macy's was out of size 8! Size 10 fell off my butt. I normally wear a 10 and swear the butt did not get any tinier. However, I got myself a nice warm hat and a pashmina at a local Nordstrom Rack. The pashmina was $29.99, and it did not look any different from the other ones in the same pile that were $59.99 (marked down from $89.99 - who would pay that much for a scarf? :eek:)
  • teriwttteriwtt Super Moderator Posts: 12,525 Super Moderator
    bunsenburner - they wouldn't check another store for you for the pants?
  • HImomHImom Registered User Posts: 29,231 Senior Member
    Went to Old Navy & purchased a tank top with sweetheart neckline for $3.49 - 30%; also purchased a fleece v-neck pullover for $7 and 2 pairs of tank tops for $7. We also got D 20 panties for $37 - 30%. The total was supposed to be about $66 but with the 30% discount it was about $45.

For her birthday, her dad made a smoked turkey dinner last night so tonight we splurged & went out to a very nice restaurant to celebrate. They were having a special for the week - $32 for a 3-course meal. Hubby & I ordered the special & let D order what she wanted to. They gave her a free birthday dessert. The total for the 3 of us including drinks, coffee, appetizers & dessert was under $135. (Normally, it is $35 just for one entre at this restaurant.)
  • EmilySpinachEmilySpinach Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
    I saved $13.50 in Publix. Just by luck, everything I needed was on sale and I got a "buy one get one free" olive oil. I felt so smug leaving the store.
  • HImomHImom Registered User Posts: 29,231 Senior Member
    Oh yea, forgot to mention, the turkey was "free" with two frequent shopper coupons that you earned for every $250 you spent at their story. We have earned 5 of those coupons, so we can get one more "free" turkey as well, if we can figure out where to store it.
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse Registered User Posts: 26,432 Senior Member
    Before you buy books, always look for printable coupons on B&N and Borders. You can usually find a 15% or better coupon. Look at couponcabin for printable coupons as well. You'll see some 20%, 30% deals that you can get just for printing out those coupons. Christmas Tree SHop and Old Navy & like had friends and family coupons. I never buy from BB&B without a coupon. It's good to do a search for coupons anytime you are planning to buy. Never hurts and it takes just a minute.
  • rodneyrodney Registered User Posts: 9,406 Senior Member
    Dell Coupon Codes, HP Coupons, Overstock Coupon, Dell Online Coupon, Promotional Code as well....all online stores and often, offline as well.

This is for bradsdeals.....
  • RachachaRachacha Registered User Posts: 1,266 Senior Member
    I went to the Salvation Army down the road from my office last week to drop off a donation, I had some time so I went into the thrift store to look around, and found a J Crew cashmere turtleneck from last year's holiday catalog, with the TAG STILL ON! Thanked my guardian angel for that one!
  • Jolynne SmythJolynne Smyth Registered User Posts: 2,714 Senior Member
    Cool, Rachacha! I do the same thing (drop off donations, take a look around--often turn up a name-brand item!). :-)
  • simbasimba Registered User Posts: 6,092 Senior Member
    "$4.99/pound for shelled walnuts(normally $8.99/pound)"

Two walnuts a day are good for your heart. For max benefit, buy in shells and crack it yourself.
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner Registered User Posts: 31,951 Senior Member
    I went to a cat shelter to drop off a donation, and walked out with a kitten. She was a real bargain - $100 adoption fee covered her testing, shots, microchipping, spaying and a coupon for a free vet checkup which happened to include our regular vet clinic!

Looks like Target will have some serious discounts soon:

Target plans price cuts despite lower 3Q earnings: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance
  • maineparentmaineparent Registered User Posts: 898 Member
    I was on the West Coast recently for a wedding.... and went to the local Safeway to pick up some snacks/drinks for the weekend.... I was quite surprised to see the prices for some of the wine....$6 a bottle for Blackstone....which is usually anywhere between $10 and $12 here in New England..... but the price was only good for Safeway card holders. I asked at the front desk if they had a spare card I could borrow since I was from out of town....and the net is that they did......basically, one of the register guys gave me a form with a card, told me to return the form "at some point" and I was good to shop. Overall, I saved about $25 on things I was buying anyway.....so, I was glad I asked and glad that there was empathy behind the counter!!

I recently was at my local supermarket without my Shaws card....and they would not honor their "card" prices for me....and I have been shopping there for 24 yrs... they told me to bring the receipt in next time with my card and I would be made whole.... definitely aliented me ..... wishing we had a Safeway here....
  • cottonwood513cottonwood513 Registered User Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    ^^^ I like that last one.

A like new copy of Eat, Pray, Love...54 cents.

I though it was going to be too dopey for me, but so far I'm enjoying it. Makes you want to learn Italian and go eat in Italy.