Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

gift idea for college-aged brother?

rhovrhov Posts: 197Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2008 in Parent Cafe
i need help finding a gift for my 20-yr-old brother. he's a sophomore in college, and notoriously hard to shop for!

he's already getting books and clothes, and i want to get him something that he can actually use while he's away at school!
Post edited by rhov on

Replies to: gift idea for college-aged brother?

• thumper1thumper1 Posts: 37,580Registered User Senior Member
    Is there a pizza place near him or some other eatery where he might like to go? Get him a gift card to that place.

I tunes gift cards are always appreciated by everyone in this household.

Ask your parents to send an SOS for a Christmas list to your brother. We did that and DS and DD sent some really good ideas of things they wanted and could use. We forwarded the lists to the kiddos (items in their price range).
  • hj0519hj0519 Posts: 631Registered User Member
    iTunes gift cards are what I always get my brother (same age as yours).
  • MidwestMom2Kids_MidwestMom2Kids_ Posts: 6,673Registered User Senior Member
    Gas station gift cards are good for college kids who have cars.
  • nysmilenysmile Posts: 5,850Registered User Senior Member
    iTunes cards, Starbucks gift card, Target gift card. If he has a car, you could get him stuff to put in his glove compartment for an emergency like a small flashlight and tire pressure gauge or you can make up your own gift certificate for "one full tank of gas" when he's home during the winter break. You can't go wrong with a sweatshirt (hoodie) or long sleeved tshirts. If he goes to school in the Northeast, a knit hat is good seeing how guys always tend to lose them. Gift certificate to the local pizza parlor or movie theater for when he's home during the break.
  • CalreaderCalreader Posts: 1,028Registered User Senior Member
    Laptop cover/case, if he has a laptop.