Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Gap Year for Early Graduates

EarlyHSGrad2012EarlyHSGrad2012 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
edited October 2011 in Parents Forum
I'm graduating a year early because I had issues with the kids in my original graduating year which led me to consider suicide so the school put me a year ahead so I could leave them. I'm considering having a gap year but I don't know if I'll be able to do anything my gap year because I'll be 17 when I graduate. I want to go into film but I don't know of any opurtunities (I know I spelled that wrong) I'll have at age 17. I'm putting this here because I know as parents at least one of you has been there with you child and I'd like a parents opinion if I can since my parents refuse to give input. So is there anything I can do at 17 with a gap year that is not majorly expensive?
Post edited by EarlyHSGrad2012 on

Replies to: Gap Year for Early Graduates

• LasMaLasMa Posts: 7,183Registered User Senior Member
    A gap year doesn't necessarily have to be something related to your intended major or career. You can work, travel, take a few classes at the community college to explore a subject just for fun, do some community service at a charity you really believe in. Or if you really want to delve into film, you can do some reading on your own, and watch a lot of films to immerse yourself in how the pros do it. It's a year for growing up, so don't put pressure on yourself to "achieve" something. Have fun and relax. You'll be refreshed and ready to go when you get to college.