Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Is there anybody who sends a kid to Kenyon Writing camp session 2 this summer?(NJ)

bcasuebcasue Posts: 5Registered User New Member
edited May 2012 in Parents Forum
I have a daughter(rising Junior) and she goes to Kenyon this July.
I'm not comfortable to send her to Ohio alone so I want to find a company for her to go there with.
If there is someone who is in the same boat with me, contact me please.
Post edited by bcasue on

Replies to: Is there anybody who sends a kid to Kenyon Writing camp session 2 this summer?(NJ)

• IUmom7IUmom7 Posts: 142Registered User Junior Member
    I don't know anyone going, but just wanted to say that my D went several years ago and had a great experience. She also was a rising Jr at the time. Kenyon's campus is very rural and beautiful and safe. I wouldn't worry about her having a travel companion/knowing someone in advance. They did a great job getting the kids, even the less extroverted ones, to get to know each other quickly.

I am sending my younger kid to NYC alone this summer for a program, so I understand your worry--but they will be okay & gain confidence from these experiences.