Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Checklist for Parents of Incoming Freshmen?

1202122232426»

Replies to: Checklist for Parents of Incoming Freshmen?

• mtrosemommtrosemom Registered User Posts: 1,724 Senior Member
    We got D15 a Capital One student Visa. It has no annual fee, does not charge a foreign transaction fee if they go abroad (which is why we got D the card), and gives cash back for your purchases (1%) and on-time payments (1/2%). It was super easy to apply for online and it has been really easy to set it up for automatic online payments.
  • henry1984henry1984 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Make sure you book a room in advance for Move In Day. I didn't book a hotel room last year in time for my daughters move in day and couldn't get a room! The rooms fill up fast so get one while you can. Here's the website I used this year to book one for this year. https://www.alltherooms.com/HS
  • jgugsujgugsu Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    I'm a student going to UC Davis in a couple months; I'd like to say thank you to everyone here for all of your tips! Even though I'm not a parent, this forum has helped me think of things I'd never even heard of (like the HIPAA form).