Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Which College Majors Lead Graduates to Their Parents’ Basements

Replies to: Which College Majors Lead Graduates to Their Parents’ Basements

• Booksmart27Booksmart27 Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    The majority of liberal arts majors I know end up going to graduate school
  • zobrowardzobroward Registered User Posts: 3,572 Senior Member
    the real question is which majors live in their parents attic?
  • zobrowardzobroward Registered User Posts: 3,572 Senior Member
    not very smart
    ...maybe your parents will give you a real life lesson on economics come graduation......an eviction notice, one bag to pack your stuff and a 25.00 gift certificate for Target!
  • GMTplus7GMTplus7 Registered User Posts: 14,567 Senior Member
    Biomedical engineering

• EastGradEastGrad Registered User Posts: 761 Member
    @zobroward and @NotVerySmart, my cousin made it very clear, albeit kindly, to his wife's two kids from her first marriage that they were out of the house for good by July 1st after their college graduation--both have been very successful and are close to their mom and their stepdad (my cousin). I am waiting to see if this same rule also applies to the daughter they have together.
  • XoXdreamerXoXXoXdreamerXoX Registered User Posts: 1,854 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Physical science. Yup. I'm fine. :)>-

(Sorry I'm a student commenting in the parents forum. I shall take my leave now.)
  • OHMomof2OHMomof2 Registered User Posts: 7,946 Senior Member
    So major in what you like. The worst that can happen is you’ll be living at home for an extra year or two.

:)
  • jym626jym626 Registered User Posts: 49,576 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I refer to the lower level of my s's house as the in-law suite. That doesn't go over too well ;)
    I said I was going to be just enough of a nag that they wouldn't want to come home and live in the basement. Guess it was too successful-- they live thousands of miles away.

As for majors, hopefully if the economy continues to improve, even the students who major in Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations will be readily employable.
  • MandalorianMandalorian Registered User Posts: 1,106 Senior Member
    It's kind of like Club Med, all inclusive food, maid service, entertainment, utilities, etc. I can see the appeal.
  • jym626jym626 Registered User Posts: 49,576 Senior Member
    Club Med with your mother.. Not too appealing.