Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

OHIO Road Trip with Junior daughter - comments or ON the Route add-on's welcomed

123457»

Replies to: OHIO Road Trip with Junior daughter - comments or ON the Route add-on's welcomed

• saillakeeriesaillakeerie Registered User Posts: 1,504 Senior Member
    I am from the Cleveland area as well. And I would not say Berea/BW campus is something I would say is unsafe. I don't know enough about the school though to comment on whether kids go home on weekends.
  • inthegardeninthegarden Registered User Posts: 567 Member
    edited September 14
    Yes! @DoDEAMom18 I remember your thread well and would love to hear more about your road trip and what you thought about the various school (especially curious about Denison and Wooster.) Thanks for checking back in!
  • toomanyteenstoomanyteens Registered User Posts: 532 Member
    @harvestmoon I agree on 75 -- daughter and I made some mistakes because of the construction trying to get down to her college from Detroit and Toledo
  • NWMom2NWMom2 Registered User Posts: 169 Junior Member
    Agree that if you are in Cleveland you should look at Case Western. Remember it was a merger between the Case Institute of Technology and the Western Reserve University. My daughter was a Political Science/Philosophy double major and added on an integrated Masters in Bioethics. She loved her four years at Case and graduated right into a great job.
  • DoDEAMom18DoDEAMom18 Registered User Posts: 123 Junior Member
    @inthegarden The Ohio trip was a great success with excellent visits, interviews, and meaningful conversations with admissions officers. Plus October in Ohio is as lovely as all the brochures make it out to be. COLLEGE OF WOOSTER had the very best tour guide who was full of great info, lovely campus, interesting programs. DENISON will forever be a favorite as they offered DD1 an enticing merit package that she passed on but they welcomed DD2 with warmth and treated her as if her sister did attend. They did pitch us for DD1 to transfer and offered up some nice financials to go along with it but DD1 is good where she is. But it was nice to feel the love. Allegheny is a great college town and is very high on DD1 list still. OHIO WESLEYAN and WITTENBERG were both nice but not the right fit for DD2 who needs a bit more action going on..but M&D don't want too much distractions - but we agreed they were not what she is looking for. BALDWIN WALLACE was a bust, they messed up the timing, stuck us for over 45 mins with a trainee admissions counselor who knew much less than we did about the school and the process. Somehow it had slipped our radar that a whopping 89% are instate students. Coming from a very international school that was just too many suitcase classmates. The surrounding area had no vibe to it and the bookstore clerk was wildy rude. DD2 suggested we leave before we even toured which was fine with me. We added in a side trip to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for a secretly planned meet up with a bestie from HS and enjoyed the heck out of downtown Cleveland. We met up with a delightful college student working her magic at Sephora who goes to CAPITAL She could not say enough good things about the school, they are CTCL, so that is on DD2 radar from a far but we won't be visiting but will be applying.
  • OHMomof2OHMomof2 Registered User Posts: 9,643 Senior Member
    I don't think Capital is CTCL. My S'12 went there (music conservatory). Glad you enjoyed Denison and Wooster, I love both of those schools!
  • DoDEAMom18DoDEAMom18 Registered User Posts: 123 Junior Member
    You are so right..sorry I was thinking College of Wooster is CTCL......
123457»