Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use this form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs.

Class of 2021 Results: Celebrate, Discuss, Support Here

Replies to: Class of 2021 Results: Celebrate, Discuss, Support Here

• letsshareletsshare Registered User Posts: 147 Junior Member
    Hailumu, is she a chemistry major?
  • itsgettingreal17itsgettingreal17 Registered User Posts: 2,812 Senior Member
    @Honito I hadn't heard about that scholarship before, but looked it up. What an amazing opportunity! Congrats!!!
  • HonitoHonito Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    Thanks @itsgettingreal17 . We'd not heard of it either. It just happened. I'm thinking my D will be a Williams Eph, but we'll see. She's yet to hear from a couple of schools that might compete with Williams. I read a while back that your D applied to U Del and UMD. I'm a UMD graduate (great school) and my older daughter was just accepted to UDel's graduate program in art history and curatorial studies. I think she'll be going there since she received a nice assistantship, and we hear it's a lovely campus.
  • SunnyGirl4321SunnyGirl4321 Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    Accepted to Fordham, Emerson, Tulane. Wait listed BU. So. Nervous for her......waiting on five more.....
  • HailuMuHailuMu Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
    edited March 20
    She is a physics major @letsshare
  • BasbleuBasbleu Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    I love that @websensation failed to originally mention the name of the school in his (her?) original post, and focused on the other other parts of how the student's early acceptance by the 1st choice school made life easier for everyone. Only when prodded did the parent admit said school was Stanford.
  • TaterTots4AllTaterTots4All Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    My daughter so far has a 4-3 record, and is hoping for 5-3 :)

Accepted EA at Tulane
    Accepted at Virginia Tech
    Accepted at Case Western Reserve, with significant merit
    Accepted at William and Mary

Rejected at UVA (after being deferred during EA), Emory and Washington University, St. Louis (She knew these are "reach" schools, with the exception of UVA, so wasn't too surprised)

Still waiting to hear back from Wake Forest, but her mind is pretty much made up already. It was nice to start with a "win" with that acceptance email from Tulane, first thing. Nice surprise and totally unexpected, so that helped with the rejections when they came in later on.

• HailuMuHailuMu Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
    Daughter also just accepted to Barnard and the SP2 program. Waiting on two reaches on Ivy day but no expectations and very happy with results so far.
  • TiggerDadTiggerDad Registered User Posts: 712 Member
    S accepted to Williams, Amherst and Pomona (only lib arts colleges applied). Waiting for Ivy Day results next week.