Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Class of 2021 Results: Celebrate, Discuss, Support Here

Replies to: Class of 2021 Results: Celebrate, Discuss, Support Here

• momx21995momx21995 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    @itsgettingreal17 Thank you - My D applied to Udel also. All her schools had all info by Nov. 1. She also applied to Penn State and everyone has said they won't respond until the new year, yet I have seen acceptances for that school out there. The waiting game is stressful for me. She is fine. lol
  • aimster888aimster888 Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    @momx21995 the app to Seton Hall was submitted the first weekend in October. However there were 3 more submitted within the next couple of weeks and we haven't heard from any of them yet (Fordham University, University of Wisconsin and George Mason University). I wish we would...it's hard to wait.
  • MomInNVMomInNV Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2016
  • MomInNVMomInNV Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    My daughter has submitted most of her applications and will be finishing the rest soon. Now we wait for decisions. It doesn't seem to be bothering her but is driving me crazy. She received a few acceptances already but still waiting to hear about most.
  • kath00kath00 Registered User Posts: 123 Junior Member
    edited December 2016
    Gosh I cannot believe admissions are coming already! How the world has changed. DD and I are nail biting for Stanford REA, due out next Friday. As other moms/dads have posted, they (the kids) seem to be ok waiting whereas I feel like I haven't slept in at least a month! UGH. Thank goodness for this website. Kate
  • oldbrookieoldbrookie Registered User Posts: 140 Junior Member
    Wonderful acceptances @Hangdog ! Our kid has overlaps with your list, do you feel comfortable sharing her stats?

My dad went to Marquette, and the Quinnipiac program sounds amazing.
  • taskmstrxtaskmstrx Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    @Hangdog -Congratulations on her acceptances. If she has direct entry into both AT and PT at Quinnipiac, in addition to scholarships for all 7 years, that is a huge advantage. No worrying over having to get accepted to either program or feeling competitive with classmates.
  • HangdogHangdog Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    @oldbrookie , happy to share her stats - not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here's the best picture I can provide. Her weak spot is her ACTs.

GPA: 3.87 weighted
    High School: Private, Catholic, College Prep (more competitive than local public schools)
    ACT: 26 (she does NOT do well at all on standardized tests)
    Recommendations from Math teacher and Science teacher, plus 1 Athletic Trainer and 1 Physical Therapist with whom she had performed 25+ shadow hours each
    Honors/Awards: National Honor Society and multiple academic awards
    EC's: 3 season varsity athlete (Soccer, basketball, Track), Student Tutor, Yearbook Photographer, Junior Achievement
    Volunteer/Community Service: lots of service hours, including Special Olympics, Soccer program for Autistic Athletes, Activities volunteer with mentally disabled adults
  • HangdogHangdog Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    Thanks @taskmstrx! AT will soon require a Masters, so she is grappling with whether or not a Bachelors is sufficient. We know it is enough to take her certification exam (the new rules come into play a couple years after she would graduate). I think a Bachelors with a DPT would make her very competitive but she is wondering if she needs the Masters and the DPT. Marquette has the 5 year Masters program, and you can apply into their DPT in your junior year getting a Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate in 7 years. Like you pointed out, though, that is another application process.
  • oldbrookieoldbrookie Registered User Posts: 140 Junior Member
    Thank you!