Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Class of 2021 Results: Celebrate, Discuss, Support Here

Replies to: Class of 2021 Results: Celebrate, Discuss, Support Here

• londondadlondondad Registered User Posts: 1,604 Senior Member
    @phxcactus When we visited Villanova we were very impressed with the friendliness of all the students that we met there. It was a very busy there as it was move-in day for freshmen and despite all the activity people went out of theie way to speak to my kids. We ended up not applying as my kids did not feel the school was academic enough for them.
  • phxcactusphxcactus Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    Thanks so much @Squirg! I really appreciate it. That makes me feel a lot better!
    Thanks @londondad ! Appreciate the feedback as well. :) Do you mind if I ask what their majors are/what program they were looking at?
  • londondadlondondad Registered User Posts: 1,604 Senior Member
    My son is majoring in Math and Economics and my daughter is looking at Classics and/or History. I had twin nieces who majored in Math at Nova and thought the Math Dept was weak. I have heard elsewhere that the preprofessional schools at Nova are solid but by comparison, the Arts and Science college is weaker.
    Hum ok thanks so much for that feedback. He is looking at Physics, with plans to continue on and complete a PhD elsewhere. It looked (on paper) as if grads were getting into awesome grad programs, but IDK now...
  • texasmissytexasmissy Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    @Squirg I'm reading while sitting here with my daughter. Accepted EA honors at Nova and loved it when she visited but now having cold feet. Its helpful to read good things! We appreciate it!
    @texasmissy did you guys go out for EA Candidates' Day? DH took our S out and they said it was highly impressive. My son is still kind of on the fence, only because he is waiting to hear back from RD on 2 other schools but he loved it.
  • texasmissytexasmissy Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    @phxcactus We did not go, but my D was following on Snapchat. :)
  • smcirishsmcirish Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    Congrats to your daughter, @Nanosour ! Smith is one of my daughter's top choices too, but she applied RD since we have to be able to compare financial packages. Perhaps they will be classmates! We are also from far away (Illinois), so it will be hard and strange to have our eldest child away!
  • 30socks30socks Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    @websensation Congrats on finally making the decision. From posts I've seen, it appeared to be an agonizing decision.
  • TXRoosterTXRooster Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    Finally all applications have returned. My son was admitted to 4 / 5 schools. Only one that didn't wor out was University of Texas at Austin (he was offered CAP). Now he has to decide where to attend!
  • Houston1021Houston1021 Registered User Posts: 147 Junior Member
    My D was admitted RD to SMU as a Distinguished Scholar with a $100,000 scholarship with possibly more $ to come. She is also a finalist for the President's Scholarship full ride. The award winners are selected after an interview day on campus at the end of March. Sending up prayers. Her first acceptance was a welcome relief after being deferred SCEA as we wait to hear from her match and reach schools.The days seem to pass so slowly.
  • BSboymomBSboymom Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 20
    @TXRooster Congrats to your son! UT capped a TON of strong applicants this year, so I hope he doesn't feel bad about that.