Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Lies and exaggerations in the college process

1235»

Replies to: Lies and exaggerations in the college process

• moooopmoooop Registered User Posts: 1,221 Senior Member
    There is a line going around now: "If you don't get a good internship, you won't get a job." Or at least a GOOD job. I hope this isn't true.

Also, for Ivy-stats kids, "Don't worry, you can always go to Michigan." My kid reports from Evanston that there are definitely students who got into Northwestern but not Michigan.
  • citivascitivas Registered User Posts: 383 Member
    I don't know that I would ever personally throw around "best" of anything, but I loved my college years even in hindsight and, yeah, if I had to pick any to re-live they would be near the top of the list. Personally I'm always looking ahead so I don't spend much time on that, but what wasn't to love? I have more money now and fancier things and the security of being able to afford what I need. And I love my family. But college was awesome. So many interesting subjects and things to learn. So many cool activities. Friends. Limitless potential in front of you; not yet constrained by things. So many interesting people. Etc. I'm sure there are people who didn't have such a great experience but I wouldn't classify it as a lie in general.

Who really says that people on financial aid "have it easy"? I've never heard anyone claim that. It's not even logical, regardless of one's sociopolitical views.
1235»