Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use this form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs.

What school was unexpectedly your least favorite when you visited?

Replies to: What school was unexpectedly your least favorite when you visited?

• LoveTheBardLoveTheBard Registered User Posts: 1,274 Senior Member
    Sounds like it's time for a round of "College Tour Bingo."

I never did get the logic of the blue light thing -- they all seem to be few and far between, and inconveniently located. I've read that some schools are phasing them out.
  • KayakingmamaKayakingmama Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    @gardenstategal. My h's family are Quaker and all kids are encouraged to apply to Earlham. Several family
    Members live in Richmond and most family attended Earlham and went on to Harvard, MIT, UPenn..blah, blah, blah...
    I was secretly hoping my son would hate it, but he loved it! Uggghhhhh
  • twinsmamatwinsmama Registered User Posts: 1,199 Senior Member
    @moooop , which one are you in your profile picture? I'm guessing the dad, but I wouldn't want to insult the dog.
  • chzbrgrchzbrgr Registered User Posts: 111 Junior Member
    Talking about study abroad is great marketing! Students (perhaps less so parents) only imagine the positives when they think of themselves sophisticatedly sipping wine in a park in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower. Much more impressive than the grimy reality of even the nicest college campus, with its ugly non-French people.
  • droppeditdroppedit Registered User Posts: 552 Member
    ... they think of themselves sophisticatedly sipping wine in a park in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower.
    D18 got quite a surprise when we stopped by NYU London on a trip over there. I had done a Google Street view so I sort of knew what to expect. It was one of those, "Google Maps says it's right here???", moments.