Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Reusable water bottles on campus

13»

Replies to: Reusable water bottles on campus

• bopperbopper Registered User Posts: 7,719 Senior Member
    Check out the Contigo bottles
  • cobratcobrat Registered User Posts: 12,285 Senior Member
    edited August 11
    When did we all get so thirsty? When I was in college water was not sold in single serve bottles (or maybe it was but I did not buy it) and I survived 4 years !!!!of college without a water bottle. Come to think of it, I dont know if my still-in-college son has a bottle or not.

Heh. I still feel it's exceedingly absurd to pay for bottled water considering it's actually less well-regulated than tap water and it's another item to keep track of when it's not necessary.

Especially on many college campuses where a few hours hence, one can easily get topped off thirstwise in the dining halls, water fountains, etc or wait until one has a chance to get back to their off-campus apartment/home.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 63,062 Senior Member
    I use a commuter coffe mug every single day. It's stainless...but I just rinse it out. I haven't gotten sick yet.
  • TooOld4SchoolTooOld4School Registered User Posts: 2,640 Senior Member
    edited August 11
    Dish soap and water is all you need to clean a Camelbak bottle. The'chute' style with the twist off cap lets you drink more and the cap doesn't smell bad if you don't clean it. You can also get more water flow than with the bite cap. Many universities have the elkay style combo drinking fountain and water bottle refill station.
  • techmom99techmom99 Registered User Posts: 1,742 Senior Member
    OMG! I never even gave a moment's thought to how S17 will clean his water bottle. I am serious. I once read a study that said that children raised in overly cleaned homes were more prone to illness. I took it to heart. However, you raise a good point and I will talk to S17 about it. He has a metal water bottle.
13»