Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

High school suspension

12346»

Replies to: High school suspension

• toomanyteenstoomanyteens Registered User Posts: 585 Member
    @IfYouOnlyKnew He didn't that I know of -- I am sure he said he really thought it was me or something
  • IfYouOnlyKnewIfYouOnlyKnew Registered User Posts: 341 Member
    @toomanyteens I thought you might say that.
  • lookingforwardlookingforward Registered User Posts: 24,191 Senior Member
    I don't think it advances the thread to seem to accuse a kid of outright lying. One poster, earlier, tried to be diplomatic, just raise the question. We can get all bothered on a thread and sometimes and, I think, forget that the OP isn't helped if he/she is put on the defensive.

But at the same time, an OP needs to realize how one's own words come across, in writing and on an anonymous forum.

It may not be enough to jump to our kids' defense. Sometimes, I feel that when someone else calls out our kid's behavior, we should take that hard look. Not to punish, as much as to be aware that, as parents, there may, in fact, be something that needs to be changed. After all, we're trying to "raise them right," into young adults with various skills (and awareness.) Not just keep them officially out of trouble.

• MaterSMaterS Registered User Posts: 1,289 Senior Member
    From #4 Any teachers in the area should have made statements before the suspension
  • philbegasphilbegas Registered User Posts: 2,894 Senior Member
    Aren't there cameras at the school? I feel like footage could be pulled from the events in question. If your son is adamant that he is innocent of certain actions, he could try to prove it that way. However, my gut tells me this isn't the first, or the last time he's going to do this. This comes from a deeper subconscious disrespect for women.
  • momofthreeboysmomofthreeboys Registered User Posts: 15,208 Senior Member
    edited October 13
    or the last time he's going to do this. This comes from a deeper subconscious disrespect for women.

Wow just wow. I'm at a loss for words to describe this comment. It is totally out of line.
  • philbegasphilbegas Registered User Posts: 2,894 Senior Member
    I should have specified that my statement was geared more towards if he was guilty of the groping and other similar actions.
  • GnocchiBGnocchiB Registered User Posts: 1,625 Senior Member
    OP, just wanted to say I'm sorry for what you are going through, whether or not your son was at fault. I know you must feel very alone - it's hard for parents to reach out to other parents for support in cases like this. I hope things will settle down.
12346»