Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Anyone familiar with Vanderbilt

runnersmomrunnersmom Posts: 958Registered User Member
edited June 2008 in Parents Forum
I posted this on the Vanderbilt forum, but thought I might get a quicker answer here. I would like to buy a gift card for a friend's son who will be a freshman in the fall to a local student favorite near the campus. I have done this in Ithaca for a Cornell kid and would like to do the same for my Vandy friend. Does anyone have any suggestions for places that the kids like and are close to campus?
Thanks for any and all help.
Post edited by runnersmom on

Replies to: Anyone familiar with Vanderbilt

• sharonohiosharonohio Posts: 563Registered User Member
    When my daughter and I visited Vanderbilt we stopped at Panera for lunch before heading home. Can't guarantee that its a huge student favorite, but my college aged son loves it and it is really close to campus. I iknow they have gift cards since I just got one for my son. Panera Bread › Home
  • pmrlcommpmrlcomm Posts: 2,235- Senior Member
    I know the Mellow Mushroom is very popular as is the San Antonio Taco Co. You can google them to get their number. I'm not sure how their gift card stuff works but I know they are always packed.
  • frazzled1frazzled1 Posts: 4,802Registered User Senior Member
    Also popular chains: P. F. Chang's, Maggiano's. Chili's is on the Vandy card, so my d has never needed a gift card there. There's a Bruegger's where my d likes to get bagels in the morning, a Starbuck's, and a Barnes & Noble, in addition to Panera.
  • MomofWildChildMomofWildChild Posts: 16,292Registered User Senior Member
    I usually get gift cards to the student store (tshirts etc). You can call the Vandy bookstore to get one. Mellow Mushroom and Panera are good suggestions. Pancake Pantry, too.
  • cangelcangel Posts: 4,127Registered User Senior Member
    Here's another vote for Mellow Mushroom - it is a super, Southern, college-based pizza chain. Although my son would prefer PF Chiang's.
  • notre dame ALnotre dame AL Posts: 1,674Registered User Senior Member
    Second on Pancake Pantry-delicious!!!
  • johnshadejohnshade Posts: 380Registered User Junior Member
    Will he have a car or a friend with a car? If so, send him a gift card to this place:

Loveless Cafe