Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

AP scores question

NYMomof2NYMomof2 Posts: 5,266Registered User Senior Member
edited June 2008 in Parents Forum
My son took his first AP exam this year, so I am not all that familiar with the program. I called today and got his score (5 on Physics B). I'm wondering whether the mailed report will have additional information, like a raw score. I'm surprised that the score was so high, because my son thought he'd missed quite a few questions.

When are reports sent to high schools?
Post edited by NYMomof2 on

Replies to: AP scores question

• dragonmomdragonmom Posts: 4,153Registered User Senior Member
    Congratulations! He did great! Reports will go to the school over the summer. What year is your son? If he's not headed to college in August just relax and celebrate!
  • maritemarite Posts: 21,586Registered User Senior Member
    Congratulations! Students can miss a fairly high number of questions and still score a 5. The tests are so designed that they are not expected to have time to answer all the questions. He did well.
  • jrparjrpar Posts: 2,083Registered User Senior Member
    High schools get the scores about the same time as the students get the mailed reports - maybe a little before. I don't think the high schools get any additional info (such as raw scores) beyond the score you've received.