Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

what do you do with a degree in "Earth Sciences"?

Dad IIDad II Posts: 2,190Registered User Senior Member
edited October 2008 in Parents Forum
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, I got this:

Earth science (also known as geoscience, the geosciences or the Earth Sciences), is an all-embracing term for the sciences related to the planet Earth. It is arguably a special case in planetary science, the Earth being the only known life-bearing planet. There are both reductionist and holistic approaches to Earth science. There are four major disciplines in earth sciences, namely geography, geology, geophysics and geodesy. These major disciplines use physics, chemistry, biology, chronology and mathematics to build a quantitative understanding of the principal areas or spheres of the Earth system. It is the study of earth and space.

Are there any graduate degree program out there? Where and what kind of job will you get with a degree in "Earth Sciences"?

I really have no clue so please help.

Back in the old days when I was going to college, the best students go to Math, Physics and Chemistry, the bottom tier students go to departments like earth sciences
Post edited by Dad II on

Replies to: what do you do with a degree in "Earth Sciences"?