Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Colleges for Kids with Aspergers

jym626jym626 Posts: 35,366Registered User Senior Member
edited August 2005 in Parents Forum
I've forgotten who was looking for info on colleges for kids with Asperger's, so I thought I'd post some info here. Widener College, in PA, Lynn College in Fla, and Leslie College in Boston have good programs/resources for Aspergers kids. I may have some more info elsewhere. I will post it whe I put my fingers on it.
Post edited by jym626 on

Replies to: Colleges for Kids with Aspergers

• jym626jym626 Posts: 35,366Registered User Senior Member
    Here's a little more info I posted elsewhere:
    "There is a private program called The College Living Experience, Inc. in Fort Lauderdale. They specialize in giving young people with learning problems and milder PDD-spectrum disorders the support they need (e.g., intensive tutoring, life skills training, social skills, computer training, and more) to get through college or vocational training...The program has close ties with local colleges and technical and vocational schools, including Broward Community College, which can help greatly when academic or other problems arise."