Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Accepted to Penn State! My reach school!

Wrestler203Wrestler203 Posts: 22Registered User New Member
I was just accepted to Penn State-University Park which was my reach school!

Unweighted GPA: 3.39
SAT: 1590. 1070 on CR+M.

140 hours of community service.
National Honor Society.
Distributive Education Clubs of America.
Played two varsity sports since sophomore year.
Two wrestling clubs.
1 big leadership role.
Sales associate (15-25) hours a week.
Take care of my grandmother.

So happy!
Post edited by Wrestler203 on

Replies to: Accepted to Penn State! My reach school!

• DylanKDylanK Posts: 343Registered User Member
    Congrats! 10char
  • tmick62tmick62 Posts: 31Registered User Junior Member
    Congrats!! That's awesome! Good Luck! What's your major? And did you get into Summer or Fall?
  • Wrestler203Wrestler203 Posts: 22Registered User New Member
    Fall 2012. I want to major in business, but I did not take trigonometry or higher in high school which is required for business. So instead I was admitted to the division of undergraduate studies.
  • asheikh19asheikh19 Posts: 16Registered User New Member
    Hey man congratulations! My stats are almost identical to yours. I am also a dedicated wrestler (varsity three years) When did you apply? And how long did it take to hear back? I could really appreciate it if you could tell me! Also, did you take any honors/ap's? Congratulations!
    I applied November 28th for early action. I received my acceptance today, December 12th which is a lot faster than most people. I did not take any honors classes freshman or sophomore year. I took three honors classes junior and am taking three A.P. classes senior year.
    Yea, I applied on the 30th. You are the first person I know that heard back quickly without the 4.0 and 2000+ mumbo jumbo.. Can you tell me where your from? Are you in-state or out of state?
    I am out of state from Connecticut. I am also African-American which may have played a role.
    Oh. I am from NJ and I'm Pakistani. My counselor told me at UP the diversity is getting worked on, I am also banking on the race card. Haha. May I ask you how long your personal statement was? Sorry for bombarding you with questions, your acceptance is giving me hope!
    Don't worry about the questions. I'm happy to give others hope. My personal statement was my college essay which is 500 words.
    Yeah, I think I made a big mistake! I put like a supplement type answer for the personal statement instead of putting my college essay. And then I mailed them my college essay and they said they didn't accept regular "college essays" unless it was the personal statement! Yikes. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if I can do anything about it. Did you enroll for the Fall or Summer semester?
    I applied for fall 2012. I wanted to spend my summer in CT haha.
    Haha, word. I'm just trying give myself the best room for acceptance. Did a lot of people apply to university park at your school? I Really want to go here lol. Thanks for helping man, means a lot to me.
    Two other people that I know of got accepted. They both had better stats than me. There are others who are waiting for a reply as well. And no problem I hope you get in!
    Yeah, man me too. Anyways, nice meeting you and I'll definitely let you know if I get in. Peace.
  • sop520sop520 Posts: 240Registered User Junior Member
    UGH YOURE SO LUCKY. i literally applied seven years ago and i STILL havent heard back.