Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Two questions about PSU

FutureDoctor31FutureDoctor31 Posts: 663Registered User Member
1. I want to double major in Pre-Med and Economics. So on my app, should I put down Eberly or Smeal as my college of choice?

2. If GPA is 2/3's of PSU's admission decision, do I have a strong chance with just a 3.8 UW GPA alone?
Post edited by FutureDoctor31 on

Replies to: Two questions about PSU

• BeachMom21BeachMom21 Posts: 166Registered User Junior Member
    1. I would call and ask an admissions counselor but I'd imagine you just pick one
    2. I think you're unweighted 3.8 should be fine
    Good Luck!!
  • SCbobSCbob Posts: 104Registered User Junior Member
    Economics is no longer in Smeal. If you want to save tuition dollars select Liberal Arts/Economics first. It will save you about $1000 dollars a year. When you declare a second major your tuition will still be based on your first declared major.
  • FutureDoctor31FutureDoctor31 Posts: 663Registered User Member
    @SCbob Thanks for that tip! I'm going to drop Eberly and choose the Liberal Arts college for Economics