Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Penn State Accepted / Rejected / Waiting 2010 (Transfer)

Angiecr22Angiecr22 Posts: 18Registered User New Member
edited December 2011 in Penn State - University Park
I just wanna know how many ppl got accepted or rejected or is still waiting. Where r u applying from and whats ur GPA, so i know whats my probability of getting in?

Thanks
Post edited by Angiecr22 on

Replies to: Penn State Accepted / Rejected / Waiting 2010 (Transfer)

• anil92anil92 Posts: 45Registered User Junior Member
    i got accepted but i dont i`ll be studing there, also from purdue
    still waiting from wisconsin and urbana
    and i guess i got rejected from minnesota theyve sent me a mail
  • OlzhasOlzhas Posts: 228Registered User Junior Member
    I got accepted too. My stats: H.S. GPA: 4.95/5.00(I am int'l), College GPA:3.67/4.00, SAT - 1900. I was classified as non-pensylvania resident. My intended major is Economics, School - College of liberal arts.

Also, If they counted 28 transferrable credits towards my degree, how many years will I be studying there? I guess, 3 yrs instead of 4. I need some feedbacks.
  • OlzhasOlzhas Posts: 228Registered User Junior Member
    And one more question, If I got accepted to Purdue's college of management too, which one would be better for my major?
  • collegewannabe77collegewannabe77 Posts: 21Registered User New Member
    Accepted-The College of Engineering for Fall 2010 at Penn State University Park
    GPA weighted- 3.742
    SAT-1220 M & R
    Virginia
  • screwed4collegescrewed4college Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    REJECTED
    gpa weighted - 3.42
    act -27
    out of state, hawaii

oh well, this was my reach school anyway haha.
  • RJabariRJabari Posts: 108Registered User Junior Member
    Accepted: College of Engineering (Computer Engineering) for Fall 2010 at Penn State University Park.

GPA: 3.818
    SAT: 1150 (610 Math), (540 CR)
    Virginia
  • Neku22Neku22 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    Accepted: College of the Liberal Arts (Political Science) for Fall 2010 at University Park
    Current GPA: 3.087
    Credit Total: 66
    Transferring from a local community college
    In state
  • BarristerDad118BarristerDad118 Posts: 317Registered User Member
    D accepted (Ohio) in December. Also accepted to Ohio State University....Waiting for New York University, Northeastern, George Washington, University of Virginia and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
    STATS: ACT: 27 (Writing-10)
    GPA: 4.217
  • jaxs033jaxs033 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    i got accepted to the college of communications
    -went to a local community college 3.4 GPA
    -transferring with 64 credits
    -out of state
  • U2maniacU2maniac Posts: 112Registered User Junior Member
    How long did it take to hear back from them after you applied? I'm out of state by the way.
  • Angiecr22Angiecr22 Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    Good question! I wanna know too!
  • BobWit02BobWit02 Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    Hey guys,

I am still waiting, with a 3.6 GPA from Pitt and then a 3.94 from Lock Haven.

Did you have to send in your Fall 2009 grades before they sent you their decision? Or did they just make me do that?

And how long did it take for them to get back to you?
  • drdangdrdang Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    Accepted: Smeal College of Business
    SAT:1800 GPA: 3.9
    Really Good EC's

There is no specific time that the college takes to notify you of acceptance. Some of my friends were accepted within two weeks, some of us waited two/three months. I was accepted mid January and applied in late October.
  • penn2010statepenn2010state Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    I applied November 2nd to the college of engineering and I got my acceptance letter on November 14th.
    my GPA is a 4.0
    and my SAT scores are:
    Math:630
    C.Reading: 570
    Verbal:620

My best friends dad is a guidance counselor at our school and he called asking why his daughter hadn't heard back yet when she applied in October. The admissions office told him they generally accepted the "shoe-ins" and decline those who don't have a chance as soon as they can. The people that wait the longest to hear back are usually the ones who are borderline or may have to start a summer session. They wait longer for the people that are borderline because in time people turn down their offers to Penn State, opening more spots the university can offer to other applicants. My friend ended up getting the letter saying she has to go to the summer session, but she also applied for Pre-vet which is very competitive at University Park. You shouldn't have to wait much longer to hear back.
  • jo2xwzjo2xwz Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    Accepted: College of Earth and Mineral Sciences (MatSE) for Summer 2010 at UP
    GPA: 3.18
    Credits: 85
    Transferring from a local community college
    I applied in end of January, and got a letter on feb 8.