Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Sapphire Leadership program

kellycial06kellycial06 Posts: 5Registered User New Member
Has anyone been invited to attend the Sapphire Leadership Program Day in March? Does anyone know what the program requires or how it works? I was invited yesterday and it sounds really great. It is offered through the Smeal College of Business at Penn State. I will be a first year student in the fall.
Post edited by kellycial06 on

Replies to: Sapphire Leadership program

• livelaughlove26livelaughlove26 Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
    yeah I was invited too. I'm wondering the same thing..what exactly is the program, is it competitive?
  • derrickli978derrickli978 Posts: 147Registered User Junior Member
    I was invited also and got a call a couple of weeks ago. The person told me that you can only apply if you have been invited. PSU Smeal invite the top 10% of the applicants accepted who show the most potential for leadership. It's suppose to be like a honors/leadership program within PSU Smeal. You have like two classes with the 90-100 fellow Sapphire participants the first year, then you have a project that you have to do for the next 7 semesters or terms I think.
  • kellycial06kellycial06 Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    I am going to the presentation tomorrow. I am OOS so we are making a little trip out of it..:) The people in the business office have been very nice and I am looking forward to hearing about the program. The agenda includes a discussion with the associate Dean and lunch with other Sapphire members.