Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Pomona RD notification mid February?????

samthehamsamtheham Posts: 12Registered User New Member
edited February 2011 in Pomona College
I just received an email from Pomona stating, "We will notify you of the Admissions Committee’s decision in mid-February." I applied regular. Are admissions coming out early or is this different. Did anyone else get this???
Post edited by samtheham on

Replies to: Pomona RD notification mid February?????

• varucasvarucas Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    I got the same thing and was very confused. Maybe they mean mid-March?
  • Matrix123Matrix123 Posts: 290Registered User Junior Member
    I received it too. Pomona notifies by mail so since it is already mid-February, that means any day now. So exciting!
  • everaryeverary Posts: 708Registered User Junior Member
    They probably just re-used the template from the Early Decision II applicants and forgot to change it. =P I estimate that our decision will come in late March or early April.
  • kasmokiakasmokia Posts: 47Registered User Junior Member
    haha I just got this too! Im pretty sure it is a mistake . . . .right?
    NOOOOOO!! Say it isn't so. Unbearable to wait any longer.
  • lolalagololalago Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    I just got that email too and got really excited for ten seconds before I realized that it was clearly a mistake
    Why do we think it's a mistake? Did Pomona post elsewhere at some point that RD decisions would come out next month?
  • FailSafeFailSafe Posts: 151Registered User Junior Member
    Got this as well, interested to know what happens
  • anotherparentanotherparent Posts: 1,275Registered User Senior Member
    Obviously, the forgot to change the letter from the EDII mailing.
  • perfectpixieperfectpixie Posts: 2,803Registered User Senior Member
    i got one too. its obviously a misprint. Mid feb has come and gone.
  • monkeymunchkin59monkeymunchkin59 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    i got this email too and i'm RD...it's probably a mistake, i'm going to call the admissions office on monday and find out - but i hope it's not a mistake...i cant stand waiting!!
    And we will all be anxiously checking the mail until we know for sure whether it is an error or not. Are there any EDII people out there that can verify whether their e-mails said the same thing?
    I just checked the EDII thread. Their letters went out priority mail on 2/10. So, this means what? That the current e-mail is correct because 2/10 wouldn't likely be considered mid-February? Or, that it just seems inconceivable that Pomona would already be ready to mail out RD and thus, it must be a mistake? Torture!
  • mathematicismmathematicism Posts: 708Registered User Member
    ^ Just got the email too. Pretty sure it was a mistake. The page whose link is given below says that the notification date for RD applicants is April 5th.

Application Deadlines - Pomona College
  • RunningBearRunningBear Posts: 40Registered User Junior Member
    Yeah, like lolalago I was extremely excited and flabbergasted until I realized that this isn't possible. Man, I do not want to wait any longer! Argh!