Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Pre-med Majors?

AsianACAsianAC Posts: 2Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in Pre-Med Topics
I currently am a freshman at Auburn University and I am in the College of Science and Mathmatics. I am on the pre-med track because I want to goto med school and become a pediatrician. I am also double majoring in Buisiness Euntreprenuership just in case my plans don't pan out well. I have not declared a major within COSAM because I don't know what majors are allowed to go along with it. Academics - Auburn University College of Sciences and Mathematics at this link it states
"All of the pre-health concentrations except Pre-Pharmacy have five majors from which to choose:* (1) Biomedical Sciences;* (2) Chemistry;* (3)Microbiology; (4) Physics; and (5) Zoology"
Does that mean if I pick Biomedical sciences, that I will have even more required classes besides the ones already required for the pre-med track?
Does that mean I would technically be double major in Biomedical Sciences and Entreprenuership?
And couldn't I transfer to the College of Agriculture and go the pre-vet track and still goto med school to become a pediatrician?(I ask this because scholarships are more readily available in the college of ag)
Post edited by AsianAC on

Replies to: Pre-med Majors?