Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Online Class

TrentHTrentH Posts: 35Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in Pre-Med Topics
Intro Biology is only being offered online next semester. It was offered online this semester as well and I am not sure if a lecture class will be offered in the future.

Is it okay to take this pre-req online given my circumstance? The only alternative I can think of is to take it at a CC when I go back home this summer... but I really do not want to do that.
Post edited by TrentH on

Replies to: Online Class

• WayOutWestMomWayOutWestMom Posts: 6,337Registered User Senior Member
    The best thing is to ask the pre-med advisors at your school if the online class is acceptable for your state med school. (Which IIRC where you said you'd like to attend.)

Alternatively, you can email the admissions director at your state med school and ask what their policy is in your given situation. (When you get a reply, save the email in case it becomes an issue when you go to apply.)

Each school has its own policies. I know our state school specifically prohibits online classes for any pre-reqs unless prior written permission is obtained, but as I said every school will have its policies.