Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

"Anything Else That You'd Like Us To Know?"

beatlesforeverbeatlesforever Posts: 192Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2010 in Prep School Admissions
I always get flustered whenever this appears in an interview or application. What should I say when the school already knows essentially everything: background, activities, sports, grades, etc. etc.
There's this huge space on my form for it and I have no idea what to say! Help!
(In general obviously since you don't know who I am:)
Post edited by beatlesforever on

Replies to: "Anything Else That You'd Like Us To Know?"

• SevenDadSevenDad Posts: 2,688Registered User Senior Member
    If you have some random passion or skill, this is the perfect time to bring it up, IMO. You know, something that doesn't fit into any academic/sports/music/service category...

For example you could say "I have the largest collection of Rolling Stones albums of any teenager I've ever met — on vinyl." or "I can ride a unicycle." Something that helps differentiate you from other applicants who may have similar stats/ECs.
  • Sue22Sue22 Posts: 2,359Registered User Senior Member
    It's meant as a place to put important information that doesn't fit naturally into any of your short answers or essays. Examples:

I have Tourette's syndrome.
    I'm bilingual.
    My grades dropped in 7th grade because my dad died.
    I've attended 5 schools because my parents are in the military.
    I was home schooled until last year.
    I moved a month ago, so my recs. are from my former teachers.

Filling this space is not mandatory, so don't feel like you have to use it. It's primarily intended for info. like that above, but as SevenDad noted it can also be used to let schools know a little something extra that's fun or exciting about yourself.
  • beatlesforeverbeatlesforever Posts: 192Registered User Junior Member
    Okay thanks for the advice!