Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Boarding School Applicants for Entry Year: 2012

rizzledrizzlerizzledrizzle Posts: 535Registered User Member
edited December 2012 in Prep School Admissions
Just a place where you can see other people applying to boarding school for the entry year of 2012. Maybe you have some common interests in the same boarding school are interested in the same types of schools - whether it be HADES or GLADCHEMMS (I'm pretty sure I got it right).
Post edited by rizzledrizzle on

Replies to: Boarding School Applicants for Entry Year: 2012

• kraordrawohkraordrawoh Posts: 593Registered User Member
    Good luck to you all! If you haven't already, make sure you visit Boarding School Review and read any of the student reviews that are posted. Even some of the older ones help provide you with an insider's perspective, and many reviews are refreshingly frank.
  • lynnie14lynnie14 Posts: 77Registered User Junior Member
    It's so nice to see fellow newbies! I can't wait! This is all so exciting! And what is the acronym for the one besides HADES? Sorry I've never seen that one before.
  • rizzledrizzlerizzledrizzle Posts: 535Registered User Member
    GLADCHEMMS

I know one of the M's is Middlesex...
  • overandover98overandover98 Posts: 236Registered User Junior Member
    Good luck applicants!

I think I got it right, not sure about the other "M":

Groton
    Lawrenceville
    Andover
    Deerfield
    Choate
    Hotchkiss
    Exeter
    Milton
    Middlesex
    St. Pauls
  • narwhalsnarwhalsnarwhalsnarwhals Posts: 58Registered User Junior Member
    I haven't really decided which schools I want to apply to, but I know i'm applying to Deerfield!
  • dominicanbeautydominicanbeauty Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    I'm definitely applying for Deerfield! Maybe some others as well...
  • americannigerianamericannigerian Posts: 298Registered User Junior Member
    I'm defo applying to Exeter, Middlesex, Groton, and Hotchkiss
    You guys ready for M10 2012? Even though most applications aren't even acailable to be started. :)
  • AlixindigoAlixindigo Posts: 95. Junior Member
    I'm applying to Deerfield, Andover and Exeter for 10th grade. Started applications last year, but there were issues so never managed to finish anything.
    Deerfield seems really popular!
  • ifax108ifax108 Posts: 1,226Registered User Member
    I can't believe I'm spending another year of my life applying/looking at prep schools. I'm going down this road again...
  • 2010 hopeful2010 hopeful Posts: 2,041Registered User Senior Member
    The second time isn't as bad as the first. You are more experienced, know your strengths and weaknesses, and should have a good grasp of what you're looking for in a school. The perfect combination for acceptance!

Good luck to everyone!
  • InventInvent Posts: 521- Member
    Please look into Andover. They are one of the few need-blind schools with generous financial aid offers. If you apply for FA, you may also request an application fee waiver by calling the admissions office.
    Hey, besides Andover(its need blind) what GLADCHEMMS school gives the most generous FA?
  • InventInvent Posts: 521- Member
    Schools with more endowment generally give more FA. So Andover, Exeter, St. Paul's School in NH, St. Andrews School, Delaware (need-blind), Choate, Lawrenceville, Hotchkiss etc. Most boarding schools have 30-45% of the kids on FA.
  • ballerina22ballerina22 Posts: 455Registered User Member
    I'm applying to:
    St. Georges
    Groton
    Middlesex
    Taft
    Lawrenceville
    Deerfield

and maybe Andover? since I'm going to need full financial aid, it seems like it would make sense. I'm going to wait until I get the full information packet though, because I wouldn't want to apply to a school that I wouldn't be happy at. Time for (even more) online research!