Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

SSAT October 12, 2013

MindWizzMindWizz Posts: 21Registered User New Member
edited November 2013 in Prep School Admissions
Did anyone else think that the SSAT on October 12, 2013 was hard?
Post edited by MindWizz on

Replies to: SSAT October 12, 2013

• twinsmamatwinsmama Posts: 382Registered User Member
    My kids and others we know all said it was much harder than practice tests.
  • SouthhockeymomSouthhockeymom Posts: 16Registered User New Member
    My son has taken many practice tests and said it was significantly harder to him
  • booklady123booklady123 Posts: 232Registered User Junior Member
    Nobody panic! If it felt harder to everyone, then raw scores might dip but percentiles would in theory remain the same?
  • yutingjinyutingjin Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    I took the test.
    The math is harder than it's usually does but still not that hard.

For me, English is just as hard as it is before.

English is not my first language anyway
  • jazzismythingjazzismything Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    My daughter took it. She finished the English section early and said the Math section was more difficult. She did take several practice tests, although focused more on the English than the Math, which may have been why that section was easier for her. She felt good about her overall performance on the test. Can't wait to see the scores!
  • NYCMomof3NYCMomof3 Posts: 199Registered User Junior Member
    My daughter took it and said the math was really hard.
  • freshlookfreshlook Posts: 66Registered User Junior Member
    My daughter also thought the math was hard. She felt good about the english. Have all of your children taken the lower test and this is the first time they are taking the upper level SSAT's? That could account for the jump in difficulty.
  • jazzismythingjazzismything Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    No, this is the first time my daughter has taken the SSAT. She is in 8th grade and currently taking Geometry, so that helped, but she still thought it was hard. She took the ISEE last year and the Math was difficult on that test too.
  • WishStar12WishStar12 Posts: 63Registered User Junior Member
    I felt like it was harder. I skipped about 2 questions during the definitions in verbal, which I NEVER did during practice tests. The analogies, for some reason, seemed about the same.

I felt like math was harder; I took a practice test and had at least 10 minutes to spare, but during the real test I had about 5 during a section.
  • triangles314triangles314 Posts: 78Registered User Junior Member
    I took it then too. After getting 97% on 5 practice tests FROM the SSATB, I felt as if the reading section especially was very difficult. I skipped a whole selection, which I had NEVER done before. Everything seemed so much harder than before, and I am scared to get by results in the coming week
    Was it intentionally harder? Or will they scale our results?
    :eek: oh. My. God. :eek: how could they :confused:
  • ssattesttakerssattesttaker Posts: 7- New Member
    Guys, can you please help me estimate my overall percentile with my SSAT Practice Test:
    Guys, can you please help me estimate my overall percentile with my SSAT Practice Test:

+Verbal: wrong: 12-omitted:7
    +Math: wrong: 6- omitted: 1
    +Reading: wrong: 10- omitted: 3

I am really appreciated your help. Please give me some feedbacks, I must get up to 90% this November 9th SSAT Test. That is my last chance...
    Forgot to say, I am in grade 9th.