Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Best/Most Popular Khakis for GLADCHEMMS

khakiboi12khakiboi12 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
looking for advice on most popular khakis for boarding schools, particularly the gladchemms schools. which are the best?

Replies to: Best/Most Popular Khakis for GLADCHEMMS

• carpoolingmacarpoolingma Registered User Posts: 334 Member
    DS likes American Eagle....
  • carpoolingmacarpoolingma Registered User Posts: 334 Member
    He isn't at GLADCHEMMS though, so his opinion may not count. ;)
  • harvard2025harvard2025 Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    edited June 19
    i would look at nordstrom
  • wisteria100wisteria100 Registered User Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    Bonobos
  • doschicosdoschicos Registered User Posts: 12,127 Senior Member
    Second on Bonobos. Also J. Crew, Ralph Lauren. But you don't have to shop these brands or the pricepoint. Khakis are khakis and anything goes. If you are worried about having the "proper" labels, buy the bare minimum and get an idea for style once on campus and then order online.
  • momof3swimmersmomof3swimmers Registered User Posts: 162 Junior Member
    SwimKid wears jcrew and vineyard vines slim fit breakers. We get them at the outlets. But I agree. Kahkis are kahkis. Just make sure they aren't pleated!
  • PhotographerMomPhotographerMom Registered User Posts: 1,472 Senior Member
    The GLADCHEMMS bit nearly killed me, but......

Gap and Old Navy khakis are TOTALLY fine. They held up beautifully for us and looked great!

If you want to shoot the lock off the wallet you can always buy Bill's khakis or Murray's Toggery Nantucket Reds. TJ Maxx/ Marshalls usually offer a nice selection of RL khakis, too. In addition to the classic shades, you can often find colors like pink, orange and kelly green, too.

K1's go-to pants were wide wale corduroys in a bright mustard color. They were soft, incredibly worn and a little frayed around the edges, but when he wore them he was the envy of all his BS peers ( and faculty ).

Go figure. Wear whatever makes you feel good. :)

• khakiboi12khakiboi12 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    thank you all for your time. I am looking into the Vineyard vines slim fit breakers, as @momof3swimmers mentioned, however I find that spending a little more on an investment in such as this would be warranted. hence, I may even go with what @PhotographerMom mentioned, Bills/Murrays Toggery, and "blow the lock of the wallet", as she put it. I currently have Bonobos, as @harvard2025 and @wisteria100 mentioned, and wore them to all my revisits, but I was a bit dismayed with the fit, as they weren't quite as slim as i would have liked.
  • gardenstategalgardenstategal Registered User Posts: 2,510 Senior Member
    Abercrombie makes a tall slim fit and they are often on sale.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 23,990 Super Moderator
    edited June 20
    I was a bit dismayed with the fit, as they weren't quite as slim as i would have liked.
    Then I second the comment that you shop Nordstrom's Rail department.
  • SevenDadSevenDad Registered User Posts: 3,654 Senior Member
    Do they fit well? Do they seem well made? Do they wash well? Can you/your parents afford them? That's really all you need to know when it comes to khakis. There really isn't any "best". IMO, it takes a real jerk to call any kid out for not having the "right" khakis. How do you even know what brand somebody's pants are unless it has a logo visible (like the old school Duck Heads or Henry Cottons)?

After a long run with Gap khakis, I've been on a J. Crew run for a bit...
  • Momto4kidsMomto4kids Registered User Posts: 205 Junior Member
    I swear by Old Navy for my son. He doesn't care about the brand and we couldn't really afford the more expensive ones. I find that they are the only reasonably priced brand that has a 36 inch length. It's very hard to find pants for a very tall and skinny boy (almost man!).